Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 12-14-2019, 03:10 PM   #1
OldLincoln
Connoisseur
OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: FBReader
CC Still gets books but doesn't display them.

Been a user for several years with nary a problem till lately. I do the send to device in Cal and it downloads them to CC just fine, but the bookshelf view doesn't update no matter what. The database must hold them as I load them into me tablet reader fine.

The only thing that changed is I now have 800 or so books in CC and while it holds them it won't recognize them. My reader app uses CC's database as a source so I can't delete a book in CC without loosing it in my reader.

Please take a look and either fix it or offer a workaround.

OldLincoln
OldLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 05:02 PM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
Been a user for several years with nary a problem till lately. I do the send to device in Cal and it downloads them to CC just fine, but the bookshelf view doesn't update no matter what. The database must hold them as I load them into me tablet reader ...

OldLincoln

In your dreams.

FYI

The current developer pops up about once a month to tell us how much he still cares, and to remind us that the new subscription model will be arriving soon. And that if you don't subscribe you will not get any help.

If you are skeptical, scan or search this forum to see how much support the current developer has provided in say the last six months

Seriously, it's time to look for an alternative app. One which has some actual support.

I suggest that the probable fix for your problem is that you need to use cc to pull the books from calibre. If you push them using send to device, the app never notices so it's display does not change. Only books that the app has fetched will be added to it's database
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2019, 09:45 PM   #3
OldLincoln
Connoisseur
OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I appreciate your reply and looked for a way to pull books but am lost. I'm thinking you are saying to pull a book from Calibre via CC. I can only do that if there is already a way, and then that will show books in the shelves. Please either point the way or simply I'm better off living with it. No hurt feelings here.
OldLincoln
Old 12-15-2019, 01:42 AM   #4
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

starting with CC, connect (WIRELESSLY) to content server, then select books to download. then disconnect
that how i use it & it works for me
If that not how you have been doing it you may have to ( once) configure CC to find the content server, if it cant find it automatically, and you need to have the content server running in calibre ( that is in the connect/share options of calibre)
if you have been sending the books via a USB connection ,then expecting CC to see them, its does not work like that
Old 12-15-2019, 01:55 AM   #5
stumped
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post

OldLincoln
FYI
the last "fix" to the android version was July 2018.
the last "fix" to the IOS version deleted many customers' entire libraries

so focus on the workaround option- your issue should be solvable
Advert
Old 12-15-2019, 12:25 PM   #6
OldLincoln
Connoisseur

Thanks again, Stumped. What you described is how I've been doing it. All was good until I had a lot of books in CC and the bookshelf stalled. I will have to live with it until something else comes along and gets proven.
Old 12-15-2019, 12:38 PM   #7
stumped
Wizard

Ok, in that case it's just misbehaving, try force stop, clear cache via settings or if that fails try uninstall, reinstall....
I do recall their being some android limits on how many books can be in a single folder, and if you have LOTS, maybe you are hitting that. You would have to browse the whole cc forum as it was discussed a year or two ago, I think, and was explained by Chaley, the previous, helpful developer
Old 12-15-2019, 12:47 PM   #8
OldLincoln
Connoisseur

I miss Chaley!!! He was always there to help me with some little do-dad i probably should have known.
Old 12-15-2019, 12:53 PM   #9
stumped
Wizard

One of the articles I was partly remembering is in the cc FAQ, written by Chaley.
http://faq.calibrecompanion.co/index...lution_id=1094
This talks about books taking a long time to appear, but you describe your issue as they never appear?
May be worth a look though

Last edited by stumped; 12-15-2019 at 12:57 PM.
Old 12-15-2019, 02:10 PM   #10
OldLincoln
Connoisseur

Simply not gonna believe this, but I was looking into the file storage thing in options (didn't) find it, but looked at options. I went to the stroller options because I don't like the dumb large up/down arrows I had. I cleared one of the stroller options and went back and everything was perfect like it used to be. Don't care what was broke or what fixed it, just great to have CC back!! Thanks for your help. Your replies kept me looking until I happened to kick the right tire.
Oldlincoln