Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 12-08-2019, 11:00 PM   #1
kcarscadden
Connoisseur
kcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavens

Device: iPad Air 2, Samsung A5 2017
find missing classes

This is probably already answered, but I cannot find it.

How do I find classes missing in the stylesheet? That is, I have <p class="NoIndent">, but .noindent { } in the stylesheet. So NoIndent does not exist.
kcarscadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 11:56 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the remove unused css rules tools with remove unused classes enabled and then see what was removed using the see what changed button, then undo the changes.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2019, 04:42 PM   #3
phossler
Guru
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarscadden View Post
This is probably already answered, but I cannot find it.

How do I find classes missing in the stylesheet? That is, I have <p class="NoIndent">, but .noindent { } in the stylesheet. So NoIndent does not exist.
I use the Report tool, anything with [0] is undefined in a CSS
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-12-09 164054.png
Views:	64
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	175500  
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 08:57 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Clara HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Pro, Tolino epos
As an alternate, Sigil's Report tool will return Style classes in HTML files and Style classes in CSS files. In the report, you will see either a matching selector (HTML files page) or an used in HTML file (CSS files page) -- if that section is blank, you have problems.

Edit: Added images of the two reports. They show one of the reasons I abhor Vellum as an epub editor. What sort of editor has over 60 classes used in the HTML files but not defined in a CSS file?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	report1.png
Views:	53
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	175503   Click image for larger version

Name:	report2.png
Views:	43
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	175504  

Last edited by DNSB; 12-09-2019 at 09:03 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 08:16 PM   #5
kcarscadden
Connoisseur
kcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavens

Device: iPad Air 2, Samsung A5 2017
Thanks phossler. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Keith
kcarscadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert