Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 09-22-2019, 08:02 PM   #1
Yorker
Enthusiast
Yorker began at the beginning.

Device: KPW
How do you add an image without it being oversized?

I feel silly asking but as the title says how do you do that?
I tried with the tag in a quote of such a post but it gets no thumbnail i.e. [ATTACH]
Yorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 09:49 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Click on the paper clip icon in Advanced mode, that will take you to Manage attachments

==>> Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-09-23 113614.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	173647

Browse to the image (s) you want, and click Upload, wait till you see they're uploaded, close the Manage attachments window (link at top right)

Name:	Annotation 2019-09-23 114152.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	173651

Position cursor where you want an image then click the paper click icon and select the attachment from the list

Name:	Annotation 2019-09-23 114428.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	173653

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2019, 07:54 AM   #3
Yorker
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Click on the paper clip icon in Advanced mode, that will take you to Manage attachments

==>> Attachment 173647

Browse to the image (s) you want, and click Upload, wait till you see they're uploaded, close the Manage attachments window (link at top right)

==>> Attachment 173651

Position cursor where you want an image then click the paper click icon and select the attachment from the list

==>> Attachment 173653

BR
Thanks
What about images already on this forum i.e. they are already attachments with attachment ID, i can't use the url since it doesn't except it's own server and downloading the image just to upload seems more work than its worth.
Old 09-23-2019, 04:27 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorker View Post
What about images already on this forum
I think its doable, but I don't know how.

I keep a few reusable images in Control panel->Pictures & albums

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 05:28 PM   #5
Yorker
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I think its doable, but I don't know how.

I keep a few reusable images in Control panel->Pictures & albums

BR
Ok np, thank you
What you said so far was good enough but lets see if someone know how to do the other way i asked about.
Advert
Old 09-26-2019, 08:19 AM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Short of (downloading/)uploading as an attachment and inline linking as @BR described, there is no way to resize images (especially existing ones) "on the fly." Mobileread's forum software offers no way to resize displayed images--automatically or manually. You physically resize them yourself with image editing software, or you add an inline link to your post attachments that are too large so they get inserted as thumbnails.

I know of no way to thumbnail images that exist in other Mobileread posts without downloading and attaching to your posts (not to say one doesn't exist). You can link to an attached image from another post with its Mobileread url (using standard img tags), but it's going to be whatever size the original was.

URL for the above image: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/at...5&d=1512068749

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-26-2019 at 08:38 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 10:53 AM   #7
Yorker
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Short of (downloading/)uploading as an attachment and inline linking as @BR described, there is no way to resize images (especially existing ones) "on the fly." Mobileread's forum software offers no way to resize displayed images--automatically or manually. You physically resize them yourself with image editing software, or you add an inline link to your post attachments that are too large so they get inserted as thumbnails.

I know of no way to thumbnail images that exist in other Mobileread posts without downloading and attaching to your posts (not to say one doesn't exist). You can link to an attached image from another post with its Mobileread url (using standard img tags), but it's going to be whatever size the original was.

URL for the above image: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/at...5&d=1512068749
Thanks, i guess i"ll stick to attaching then