Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 02-08-2020, 05:26 PM   #1
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: kindle
Intro CC: New Product Manager Joining the Team

tl;dr: Product manager coming in to help CC development. Talk to us, contact info below!

Hey Everyone,

My name is Alex and I am joining the Calibre Companion team! I'm extremely excited to work on this tool you love. I understand there have been some problems with the application and I'm here to hopefully resolve all of these moving forward. I have years of experience handling product development and we as a community should start seeing some great improvements.

Moving forward I want your voice to define the new features and updates. We want to drive the app to be user centric. Please send your contact information to the email below if you'd be open to speaking with me, I want to conduct interviews and gather your feedback.

CCfeedback@goldtreeway.com

I look forward to speaking to as many users as possible!

Rev
PMrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 06:30 PM   #2
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Open discussion here is better IMO.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 05:29 AM   #3
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Open discussion here is better IMO.
I think not for what he's talking about. One of the downsides to group discussions is that sometimes suggestions can be shouted down, or people hesitant to make suggestions. There have certainly been more that a few posters on MobileRead who seem to strongly feel that their opinion is the only valid response and any disagreement is not to be tolerated.

There is still a suggestions thread that you can post to if you want to.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 05:35 AM   #4
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMrev View Post
tl;dr: Product manager coming in to help CC development. Talk to us, contact info below!

Hey Everyone,

My name is Alex and I am joining the Calibre Companion team! I'm extremely excited to work on this tool you love. I understand there have been some problems with the application and I'm here to hopefully resolve all of these moving forward. I have years of experience handling product development and we as a community should start seeing some great improvements.

Moving forward I want your voice to define the new features and updates. We want to drive the app to be user centric. Please send your contact information to the email below if you'd be open to speaking with me, I want to conduct interviews and gather your feedback.

CCfeedback@goldtreeway.com

I look forward to speaking to as many users as possible!

Rev
I tried sending an email to that address but it bounced with the following message

We're writing to let you know that the group you tried to contact (CCfeedback) may not exist, or you may not have permission to post messages to the group. A few more details on why you weren't able to post:

* You might have spelled or formatted the group name incorrectly.
* The owner of the group may have removed this group.
* You may need to join the group before receiving permission to post.
* This group may not be open to posting.

If you have questions related to this or any other Google Group, visit the Help Center at https://support.google.com/a/goldtre...py?topic=25838.

Thanks,

goldtreeway.com admins
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 06:25 AM   #5
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
It really shows the good management.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 06:47 AM   #6
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I think not for what he's talking about. One of the downsides to group discussions is that sometimes suggestions can be shouted down, or people hesitant to make suggestions. There have certainly been more that a few posters on MobileRead who seem to strongly feel that their opinion is the only valid response and any disagreement is not to be tolerated.
You may be right about some MR sub-forums, but my recollections of participating in the CC forum when @chaley was running the show are that it was a very positive and co-operative space. Mainly due to chaley giving such excellent support and responding to user requests or at least giving reasons when something wasn't possible.

Admittedly I'm an Android-only CC user and have, so far, been spared any disruption to service.

To Alex, here's my personal feedback (no private conversations required) I won't care if you never add a single new CC feature as long as you keep the Android version running as-is on newer versions of Android (Google permitting).
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 07:00 AM   #7
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post

To Alex, here's my personal feedback (no private conversations required) I won't care if you never add a single new CC feature as long as you keep the Android version running as-is on newer versions of Android (Google permitting).
Yep.

And please advise if you do update the Android app so I remember NOT to update it!
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 11:36 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
You may be right about some MR sub-forums, but my recollections of participating in the CC forum when @chaley was running the show are that it was a very positive and co-operative space. Mainly due to chaley giving such excellent support and responding to user requests or at least giving reasons when something wasn't possible.

Admittedly I'm an Android-only CC user and have, so far, been spared any disruption to service.

Android Mostly co-operative Happy if it never got a new feature (this edition) as long as it runs on current Android
for
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 01:23 PM   #9
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Feedback Email should work now

Hey Everyone,

Sorry about that email bounce, had to toggle a setting on our side.

Please try reaching out again so we can schedule some calls!

As far as the feedback communication channel, the forum is not the proper way to capture clear user requirements from a product development standpoint. Also phone calls and face to face is the best way in my opinion.

I hear you on the app stability, if that is priority #1, let me hear it!

Please be patient with us. Our goal is to establish that same communication you had with the previous owner and I'm here to talk to with you.

Alex
Old 02-09-2020, 01:27 PM   #10
PMrev
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I tried sending an email to that address but it bounced with the following message

We're writing to let you know that the group you tried to contact (CCfeedback) may not exist, or you may not have permission to post messages to the group. A few more details on why you weren't able to post:

* You might have spelled or formatted the group name incorrectly.
* The owner of the group may have removed this group.
* You may need to join the group before receiving permission to post.
* This group may not be open to posting.

If you have questions related to this or any other Google Group, visit the Help Center at https://support.google.com/a/goldtre...py?topic=25838.

Thanks,

goldtreeway.com admins

Please try again!
Old 02-09-2020, 01:35 PM   #11
PMrev
Groupie

Quote:

I would love to know why!

Your opinion matters and feedback such as that doesn't help me drive our resources to making the experience more stable or better for you.

Please send us an email!

ccfeedback@goldtreeway.com
Old 02-09-2020, 01:35 PM   #12
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
<snip>

To Alex, here's my . . .
Who's Alex?

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 01:47 PM   #13
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Who's Alex?

BR
The OP.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 01:50 PM   #14
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Who's Alex?

BR
He stated his real name in the body of the text, but signed it with his handle
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 02:04 PM   #15
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
The OP.
- Oops, my bad, I overlooked the "My name is Alex and I'm . . . [here to help]", I thought his name was 'Rev'. I was wondering if Jackie was reaching out to a newly discovered member of the CC development resources that Rev/Alex/Sam are driving ever forward

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 02-09-2020 at 02:15 PM. Reason: add another cliché
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote