Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-26-2019, 03:31 PM   #106
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I put my cast iron pan in the oven at 500 degrees to heat it up. Then pull it out and put it on the burner on high or medium high and cook till done to your liking. Or you can pull the pan out of the oven, put the steaks in for two minute, flip and put it back in the oven till done to your favorite temp.
Apache
That's pretty much the method I've used for pan trying a steak on days when I don't want to grill. I would post the exact recipe, but I don't know that it would add much to the discussion.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 03:37 PM   #107
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Getting a nonstick pan super hot is dangerous. More so if the pan doesn't have fat or something else in it to absorb heat. The non stick coatings start to vaporize at around 450 degrees and can cause serious health problems if you breathe them in.
Apache
I don't use non-stick pans for steak. I use cast iron. I haven't looked at that site in a while, and didn't remember that non-stick pans were mentioned. Good catch.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 03:52 PM   #108
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
I don't use non-stick pans for steak. I use cast iron. I haven't looked at that site in a while, and didn't remember that non-stick pans were mentioned. Good catch.
Or maybe upgrade the old style non-stick pans to ceramic ones. Virtually impossible to have that coating smoke off gases due to high heat.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 03:54 PM   #109
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Getting a nonstick pan super hot is dangerous. More so if the pan doesn't have fat or something else in it to absorb heat. The non stick coatings start to vaporize at around 450 degrees and can cause serious health problems if you breathe them in.
Apache
Those vapors will kill birds very quickly.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 04:12 PM   #110
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
We don't buy coated non-stick anymore. I like the hard anodized skillets from Circulon for regular use, the cast iron for steaks and salmon etc. and stainless steel for everything else.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 08:01 PM   #111
harriska2
Addict
harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, iPad Pro
I’m still recovering from 2017 (new car, MAK pellet grill, 3 iphone SEs, and Apple watch) and 2018 (mac mini, 10tb hard drives) so this year was slim.

We are investing in our first electric vehicle: a 3 wheeled Arcimoto motorcycle made in Eugene, Oregon.
harriska2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 10:48 PM   #112
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
My Mom makes great steak using a cast iron pan. Me? I'm lousy at it. I had it down pat with a certain pan on an electric stove, but have never been able to recreate perfection with change of cookware and gas stove.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 12:34 AM   #113
tropicallie
tropicallie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony600,650,350 T1,NookSTR,GL3,S2TAB,Kobo Mini,KinVoyage
We got 2 Samsung Note 10+ 256GB.
We both got new bikes. Hubs got a regular Trex but I got an e-bike so I can keep up with him. Hubs is old but powerful. I only use the motor when he gets more than a block ahead of me. I've had the bike about one month and still haven't had to recharge the battery.
Asked for and received cheap completely wireless bluetooth earbuds to listen to audiobooks. I like to just wear one earphone and these make that comfortable and easy. Basskye is the name. Never heard of them but they work just fine for audiobooks and cost $20.
tropicallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 06:11 PM   #114
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
some favorite gadgets of 2019 are not new items at all but some re-purposed items.

for example, an out of date android phone is being used as a clock. it's constantly plugged in and runs a free clock app constantly. i never need to worry about changing the clock again.

i've also re-purposed an outdated computer to be used as a virtual salt water aquarium by just installing an aquarium program (Serene Screen). no need to clean this aquarium...ever. since it's not much good for anything else, i also don't connect it to the internet.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 09:12 PM   #115
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
iPad mini 5.

Google nest Hub.

Kindle fire 7 (2019)- I already had an iPad mini 5 and an iPad Pro but it only cost me £30 in the sale and it’s a nice little device to tinker around with. I’ve got the play store on there.

I did purchase other things like an iPhone 11 Pro Max, new AirPods (gen 2) and an Apple Watch series 5 but they were just upgrades on existing products. To be fair the mini 5 was an upgrade to the mini 4 but it was a significant upgrade. I also got a couple of google home minis and another echo dot.

I did briefly own the note 10+ before I switched to the iPhone 11 Pro Max. That was a really nice phone.

Last edited by shanghaichica; 02-08-2020 at 09:18 PM.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote