Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-04-2020, 10:43 AM   #61
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Is the Coke scam the 1.75 litre bottle instead of the 2 litre bottle?
No! It is the sweetener formula. It did not RETURN to the old formula after the 'New Coke' flap
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 12:31 PM   #62
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
No! It is the sweetener formula. It did not RETURN to the old formula after the 'New Coke' flap
Perhaps I should banish this discussion to P&R. It might get heated.

I take it you mean the switch from sucrose (i.e. cane or beet sugar) to high fructose corn syrup?

In the UK, Coke still uses sucrose, I'm glad to say. (On rare occasions I do still have a full-sugar Coke.)
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 12:40 PM   #63
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I take it you mean the switch from sucrose (i.e. cane or beet sugar) to high fructose corn syrup?

In the UK, Coke still uses sucrose, I'm glad to say. (On rare occasions I do still have a full-sugar Coke.)
In the US Coca Cola was using high fructose corn syrup in the 70s, but I'm not sure when it started.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 01:08 PM   #64
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
In the US Coca Cola was using high fructose corn syrup in the 70s, but I'm not sure when it started.
Dr. Pepper is a Texas baby. It is available EVERYWHERE. And here you can buy Dr. Pepper sweetened with high fructose corn syrup side-by-side with Dr. Pepper sweetened with sugar (from Sugarland, Texas) for the same price. It's everywhere, including many convenience stores and gas stations.

Yet sugar flavored Dr. Pepper hasn't eclipsed high fructose corn syrup, At this point, people are just used to high fructose corn syrup.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 04:32 AM   #65
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Perhaps I should banish this discussion to P&R. It might get heated.

I was giving an example of changes slid to the public. Not a Coke vs Pepsi war.
(Besides, I drink way more Dr Pepper or A&W Root Beer than Coke)
Old 01-05-2020, 12:13 PM   #66
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I was giving an example of changes slid to the public. Not a Coke vs Pepsi war.
(Besides, I drink way more Dr Pepper or A&W Root Beer than Coke)
Do you buy the Dr. Pepper sweetened with sugar?
Old 01-05-2020, 12:54 PM   #67
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Dr. Pepper is a Texas baby. It is available EVERYWHERE. And here you can buy Dr. Pepper sweetened with high fructose corn syrup side-by-side with Dr. Pepper sweetened with sugar (from Sugarland, Texas) for the same price. It's everywhere, including many convenience stores and gas stations.

Yet sugar flavored Dr. Pepper hasn't eclipsed high fructose corn syrup, At this point, people are just used to high fructose corn syrup.
Did you read some kind of preference into my statement of a fact?

Though I am curious what, if any, net change happened after the new coke fiasco of the mid 80s.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 12:59 PM   #68
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Do you buy the Dr. Pepper sweetened with sugar?
Now days it is Garfield style: DIE with a 'T'
(pre diabetes )

Before Garfield, I have no clue what they sell here in California.
I first started with the Dr on the South East coast. Sodas were 5cents and only in Glass (2 cent deposit if you took them with you).
Old 01-05-2020, 05:17 PM   #69
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Did you read some kind of preference into my statement of a fact?
No, I quoted the wrong message and never noticed. My comments about there seemingly being no preference for sugar vs. high fructose corn syrup was in response to duckie, #61.
Old 01-05-2020, 05:20 PM   #70
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Before Garfield, I have no clue what they sell here in California.
I first started with the Dr on the South East coast. Sodas were 5cents and only in Glass (2 cent deposit if you took them with you).
Mostly the same as everyone else. My brother went through an RC kick in the seventies. (I don't think RC is widely available in California any longer.)

I switched to Dr. Pepper well before I moved from California to Texas. Dr. Pepper is much more widely available in Texas than it was in Southern California though.