Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 11-27-2019, 08:32 AM   #1
PenguinCEO
Connoisseur
PenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipedia

Device: a lot
An asymmetry in loading fonts

If I load fonts in the editor with File -> New file it returns the following message:

... The text for the CSS @font-face rule for this file has been copied to the clipboard. ...

In fact I can past the rules into a CSS file, but I can load one font file at a time.

But If I load fonts with File -> Import files into book, I can load as many files I want all together, but then I have to write all CSS @font-face rules manually.

It would be useful if every time a font is loaded in a book, whatever the way it is done, would be loaded into the clipboard the related CSS rules.
PenguinCEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 12:53 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...a02663d398957a
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 03:17 AM   #3
PenguinCEO
Connoisseur
PenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipedia

Device: a lot
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Very good. Thanks.
PenguinCEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 07:19 AM   #4
phossler
Guru
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
FWIW, I have a series of folders with the font files and a font style sheet that I can just load all at once

Just link the style sheet and it'd done

Doesn't have to be the same font-family

Code:
/* ----------------------------------------------*/
/* Style sheet to use Georgia fonts -------------*/
/* ----------------------------------------------*/
html, body {
  font-family: "Georgia";
}
@font-face {
  font-family: "Georgia";
  font-weight: normal;