Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-25-2010, 10:07 AM   #1
jm35
jm35 began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG
Lightbulb Future GUI enhancements: pop-ups, fly-outs, toolbars & more

This discussion started in the DR800 2.0 Beta thread. Since expanded GUI (graphical user interface) features are not going to be part of the 2.0 release, this new thread is for brainstorming design ideas for the future. Last month, Matthijs asked for input on a shortcut for the various pen modes [Reply #96]. Suggestions include:

• A single pen icon with a fly-out vertical row of icons [Reply #99]
  • A mode icon with a pop-up triangle for horizontal icons over the bottom bar [Reply #103]
  • Two icons, one for pen/eraser and one for zoom/pan [Reply #105]
  • A new toolbar [explained below]
Looking at approaches that would offer room for future enhancements, I am wondering about a new toolbar. This could be located immediately above the bottom status bar and could toggle on and off. A toolbar extending the full width of the screen would have room for at least 16 icons, perhaps more.

The toolbar could give access to more settings beyond pen and zoom. For example, to change the page margins currently requires eight taps through the menus. A page margin icon on a new toolbar would be easier and quicker. However, I do not know how difficult any of these ideas would be to actually implement.

Question: Is a toolbar widget something that a 3rd party could develop as an add-on, or is this something that would need to come directly from IREX?

The IREX developers listen and respond to input from the community here . Do you have any other comments, requests, or suggestions for their consideration?
jm35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:55 PM   #2
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
The previous DR1000 1.X firmware had a customizable toolbar. They say that they're planning on adding that feature back into the 2.X generation firmware at some point in the future.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2010, 01:35 PM   #3
jm35
jm35 began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
The previous DR1000 1.X firmware had a customizable toolbar. They say that they're planning on adding that feature back into the 2.X generation firmware at some point in the future.
"Customizable." I sure like the sound of that.
jm35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:41 PM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm35 View Post
"Customizable." I sure like the sound of that.
I believe it would let you put your own icons on the toolbar. I don't know if it would let you do things like pop-ups or fly-outs though. Somebody with a DR1000 could probably tell you more details about how it works.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote