Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-22-2024, 02:48 AM   #1
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Question My Words

I've been saving words for a long time, but recently tried to access My Words (with patch My Words enabled) on my Sage/4.3721586: impossible.
It works fine with identical patches on Elipsa/4.3520400.
I upgraded the Sage to 4.3821908 but My Words remain inaccessible.
Is 4.3520400 the last F/W where My Words works?

Note: I added this yesterday to the 4.3821908 thread, but realized that probably nobody reads that anymore, and it is not exactly specific to the F/W. If a moderator sees this, please delete it from the F/W thread.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 05:41 AM   #2
hatuluang
Connoisseur
hatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
You can activate "my Words" by change or add line on Kobo Configuration file (Kobo eReader.conf)

Code:
[FeatureSettings]
MyWords=true
Ref: Kobo Configuration Options
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kob...ration_Options
hatuluang is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2024, 07:52 AM   #3
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatuluang View Post
You can activate "my Words" by change or add line on Kobo Configuration file (Kobo eReader.conf)

Code:
[FeatureSettings]
MyWords=true
Ref: Kobo Configuration Options
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kob...ration_Options
Thank you for your answer - this is something I had done so long ago I had forgotten about it.

I copied the paragraph from the Elipsa to the Sage and restarted it. Unfortunately, I still can't find My Words on the Sage though I compared nickel for both and they are identical. I don't know what I should do unless perhaps revert to 4.3520400 to be exactly like the Elipsa.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 07:53 AM   #4
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Moderator Notice
Please don't crosspost. Report a post and have it moved if necessaary.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 05:21 AM   #5
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
My Words

You can’t copy them over easily from one Kobo to another. You need to extract them from the database of the original Kobo, then merge them back in on the other Kobo. You may find this thread over on Reddit helpful.

https://www.reddit.com/r/kobo/commen...my_words_to_a/

I transferred My Words from my Clara HD to my Clara 2E by extracting them from the database using the command that one of the commenters in the link shared, but he didn’t share how to merge them back in. It was months ago, so I couldn’t tell you how I ended up doing it. Besides, my effort was inelegant and required a lot of manual cleanup.

This thread has some good suggestions, too:

https://www.reddit.com/r/kobo/commen...port_my_words/

Last edited by Cootey; 02-23-2024 at 05:23 AM.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2024, 05:43 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
I've been saving words for a long time, but recently tried to access My Words (with patch My Words enabled) on my Sage/4.3721586: impossible.
It works fine with identical patches on Elipsa/4.3520400.
I upgraded the Sage to 4.3821908 but My Words remain inaccessible.
Is 4.3520400 the last F/W where My Words works?

Note: I added this yesterday to the 4.3821908 thread, but realized that probably nobody reads that anymore, and it is not exactly specific to the F/W. If a moderator sees this, please delete it from the F/W thread.
You have to add your post to the 4.39.21908 patch thread or the Kobopatch Request thread.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote