Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-08-2022, 01:38 PM   #1
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
New Hard drive and no adobe digital editions

Hello everyone. My hard drove died and I am trying to set up the new one. Losing my adobe digital editions is raising questions. Should I use over drive instead? And if I should reinstall adobe digital editions instead, which version would be best to download. My laptop is windows 10. I am not sure if I have the correct adobe Id since it was so long ago that I first installed it. Should I start anew with a new Id...is that even possible? I would be grateful for any help.
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 03:03 PM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaysclie View Post
Hello everyone. My hard drove died and I am trying to set up the new one. Losing my adobe digital editions is raising questions. Should I use over drive instead? And if I should reinstall adobe digital editions instead, which version would be best to download. My laptop is windows 10. I am not sure if I have the correct adobe Id since it was so long ago that I first installed it. Should I start anew with a new Id...is that even possible? I would be grateful for any help.
All of the epub's you have purchased to date are tired to that old Adobe ID--which means that you would lose access to them with a new ID--so you need to use it. Go to https://www.adobe.com and log in--you may have to reset your password--and make sure you set up 2nd email recovery and cell phone recovery.

You might want to take a look at this ACSM import support for Calibre.

Use ADE 2.0.1 or 3.0.1.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2022, 04:42 PM   #3
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank You Very Much for this information. I fortunately am now all set and able to log into my adobe account. All set to download 2.0.1 or 3.0.1 too but have been searching the web for over an hour for a reliable download of either. Only ones I could find involve the wave browser, which I am not familiar with. Is there a safer way to download either version?
Old 03-08-2022, 05:28 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Thank You Very Much for this information. I fortunately am now all set and able to log into my adobe account. All set to download 2.0.1 or 3.0.1 too but have been searching the web for over an hour for a reliable download of either. Only ones I could find involve the wave browser, which I am not familiar with. Is there a safer way to download either version?
Here is the link for ADE 2.0.1 direct from Adobe.

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/..._Installer.exe
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 05:32 PM   #5
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
For 2.0.1

Adobe link

For 3.0

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2022, 06:00 PM   #6
Kaysclie
Addict

Thank you both for taking the time to help me. I now have 2.0.1 up and running! Now back to reading .
Old 03-10-2022, 12:32 PM   #7
Colonel Cathcart
Addict
Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Sorry for the off-topic question, but now that the OP got his answer I think it's OK.
Why use old ADE version. Why 2.0.1? 3.0? I'm using 4.5
Colonel Cathcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 01:52 PM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Cathcart View Post
Sorry for the off-topic question, but now that the OP got his answer I think it's OK.
Why use old ADE version. Why 2.0.1? 3.0? I'm using 4.5
The newer ADE can use Adobe's newer hardened DRM. Much like Amazon with their newer KFX DRM, this seems to be mostly used for textbooks. If you try downloading the book with an older K4Mac/PC or ADE, the download will fail. There is a fork of the DeDRM that supposedly does handle Adobe's hardened DRM but I have not done any tests on that—at this time, I don't purchase many textbooks or other ebooks in that price range. I've attached an image of the various options in ACS that affect the used DRM.

Personally, I use 4.5 since I've seen only two downloads that used the hardened DRM since Adobe introduced Adobe Content Server 5 in 2013(?)and I do appreciate that 4.5 has fairly decent EPub3 support.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	adobe_drm-matrix.png
Views:	128
Size:	182.3 KB
ID:	192670  

Last edited by DNSB; 03-10-2022 at 01:58 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote