Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-04-2020, 01:24 PM   #1
Scaledish
A friend
Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Welp, Kobo Forma is gone from walmart, only sold on amazon by 3rd partys, and on ebay

Support is as useless as always "sorry, we are not provided retail info". think there is a new version coming out?
Scaledish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 01:42 PM   #2
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Or from, you know, KOBO maybe?

https://us.kobobooks.com/products/ko...campaign=Forma
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2020, 02:19 PM   #3
Scaledish
A friend
Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenorn View Post
I am aware, but it does not change the fact that is is 100% gone from walmart without reason, and does not discourage my speculation.
Old 03-04-2020, 02:46 PM   #4
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
What improvements could they make to the hardware? (Ignoring the dodgy lighting, crummy page turn buttons [on mine at least], and the crummy power button [it should click in my opinion]).
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 04:23 PM   #5
forster01
Groupie
forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle, Amazon Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenorn View Post
This is interesting as i can see KA1 LE availible... Will the Kobo renew the production of that model? I found it pefect.
forster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2020, 04:38 PM   #6
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by forster01 View Post
This is interesting as i can see KA1 LE availible... Will the Kobo renew the production of that model? I found it pefect.
Doubt it. It never went out of stock (at least in the US) like the regular KA1. Kobo's probably just clearing out whatever remaining stock they have.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 04:40 PM   #7
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobnail View Post
What improvements could they make to the hardware? (Ignoring the dodgy lighting, crummy page turn buttons [on mine at least], and the crummy power button [it should click in my opinion]).
But they already did make those improvements. Changed the name, too. It's called Libra
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 05:25 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Are you sure the Forma is gone from Walmart and not just out of stock?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 06:03 PM   #9
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Are you sure the Forma is gone from Walmart and not just out of stock?
It's not on their website which would normally list it as 'out of stock'.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 06:13 PM   #10
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
But they already did make those improvements. Changed the name, too. It's called Libra
That's good to know, so I can look forward to the new Forma if there is one on the horizon and not wonder if they'd fixed those problems. But I want (need; old geezer eyes) an 8 inch screen. And the Libra only comes with 8 gig storage, even though I don't read comics and have stopped storing everything on my ereader, for whatever reason I still feel better with 32 gig.

Libra: 7.0" 300 PPI E Ink Carta display, 1680 × 1264 resolution

Forma: 8.0" 300 PPI E Ink Carta display, 1440 × 1920 resolution

Last edited by hobnail; 03-04-2020 at 06:30 PM.
Old 03-04-2020, 06:17 PM   #11
hobnail
Running with scissors

Quote:

Did they swap the vertical and horizontal dimensions on their web page? Is the Libra 1680 pixels vertical and the Forma 1920 pixels vertical, when the buttons are on the left or right side?
Old 03-04-2020, 06:52 PM   #12
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
That's good to know, so I can look forward to the new Forma if there is one on the horizon and not wonder if they'd fixed those problems. But I want (need; old geezer eyes) an 8 inch screen. And the Libra only comes with 8 gig storage, even though I don't read comics and have stopped storing everything on my ereader, for whatever reason I still feel better with 32 gig.

Plus, the Forma has a plastic substrate (Mobius?).
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 12:53 AM   #13
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Did they swap the vertical and horizontal dimensions on their web page? Is the Libra 1680 pixels vertical and the Forma 1920 pixels vertical, when the buttons are on the left or right side?
No, they just like swapping the resolution numbers around. Holding the Libra in portrait mode, the screen is 1264 pixels horizontally and 1680 pixels vertically while the Forma is 1440 pixels horizontally and 1920 pixels vertically. Swap those numbers for landscape mode. I haven't seen that many devices with assymetrical screen resolutions (i.e. 100 PPI horizontal and 130 PPI vertical with rectangular pixels).
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 04:59 AM   #14
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaledish View Post
Support is as useless as always "sorry, we are not provided retail info". think there is a new version coming out?
Walmart has run out of current Kobo models in the past and pulled the listing completely. I wouldn't read too much into this yet. Normally when there is something new coming out from Kobo, one of the bloggers sees the regulatory paperwork and let's us know that something is in the pipeline from Kobo. I haven't seen that yet. But then, they did just drop Aura 2 and I thought for sure a Tolino Page 2-like replacement was on its way but, apparently, that's not coming.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 08:10 AM   #15
Scaledish
A friend

Quote:
all those

Tags
amazon, forma, kobo, stock, walmart