Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 10-26-2019, 11:44 PM   #1
RobertBB
RobertBB began at the beginning.

Device: Android Phone
Content servers web page in Chrome

Hi.
I'm having trouble with accessing the web site on all my browsers.
It just hangs on the loading page, and all I can do is go to the mobile option.
This is very limited, and the search i giving me very inaccurate results.
Since Chrome no longer supports Java, what can I do to get this page to load correctly?
I'm using Chrome version 78.0.3904.70
I've also tried other browsers like Opera, Vivaldi, IE and Edge. All with the same result.

They all just hangs on the:
Loading, please wait…
You can also use a simple, non-javascript version of this site: here

Thank's :-)

Last edited by RobertBB; 10-26-2019 at 11:46 PM.
RobertBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 01:32 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
the website works fine in chrome. If it is not loading for you it is likely because of some errors somewhere. Look at the server logs and the console in the browser developer tools.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2019, 03:33 AM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertBB View Post
Since Chrome no longer supports Java, what can I do to get this page to load correctly?
I'm using Chrome version 78.0.3904.70
I've also tried other browsers like Opera, Vivaldi, IE and Edge. All with the same result.
One minor nit is that the calibre webserver does not use Java. It does use Javascript (not even close to the same thing).

If I disable Javascript in Chrome, I do get the endless loading.

To do this for a single tab, click on the vertical 3 dots, click on More tools, click on Developer tools. Type control-shift-P (PC) or command-shift-P (Mac) to open the Command menu. Start typing javascript and click on Disable Javascript. The same to enable Javascript except you click on Enable Javascript.

You can disable Javascript globally under Settings but as of Chrome 78.0.3904.70, the default for Javascript is allowed.

You can also visit Is Javascript Enabled to check if Javascript is enabled in your browser. Sample image for Javascript disabled attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	java_script_enabled.png
Views:	188
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	174556  

Last edited by DNSB; 10-27-2019 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Fat fingers cause typos...
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chrome, java, local site