Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-02-2017, 12:50 AM   #1
dkccerbero
Connoisseur
dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Note2
Boox N96 vs Sony DPT-RP1 vs Remarkable - Large eReader Comparison

Hi, I'll like to share a video that shows a comparison between 3 devices that are close buy possibilities.... and is good to see them side to side. I finally choose the Onyx. What do you think?

dkccerbero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:01 AM   #2
bsnick
Zealot
bsnick began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M96+, T68+, Max2, YP2, HiSense A2 Pro
It gives me a playback error in both chrome and internet explorer
bsnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2017, 10:49 AM   #3
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsnick View Post
It gives me a playback error in both chrome and internet explorer
Under Linux ( Debian Jessie), I use to download the video :
No problem with the file.

Last edited by Randy11; 11-02-2017 at 10:58 AM.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 01:52 PM   #4
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Here's the link to the YouTube page:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=KBEluCzElkM

And here's a link to the blog of the person who made it:

http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...parison-video/
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 11:03 PM   #5
dkccerbero
Connoisseur
dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Note2
Thanks!
dkccerbero is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2017, 08:41 AM   #6
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
If I were primarily interested in drawing, I'd get the Remarkable. It is pretty impressive. Not so much as seen from that video, but from others.

If I were primarily interested in reading technical PDFs and annotating them, I'd probably gravitate towards the Sony. The split screen in ladnscape mode with two different documents open is very nice.

However, the Onyx device is the most versatile of the three so that is the one which would currently get my money. Although I don't install very many apps, it is nice not being restricted to the software which comes on the device. Being able to deal with a large variety of file types and to install one's own dictionaries is also huge. And being able to expand the memory and freely move files about without the need of a proprietary app is essential.

So, even with its current specs, the Onyx would win out for me. However, I'm hoping that the next generation model will borrow some of the ideas which Sony and Remarkable have shown to be possible. An ereader which combined the strengths of all three would be a phenomenal device... And, fortunately, since I already have a Max, I can wait until somebody gets it right.

Last edited by Question Mark; 11-03-2017 at 08:43 AM.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boox n96ml, comparison, remarkable, sony dpt-rp1