Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-14-2015, 01:50 AM   #1
dhristi
Enthusiast
dhristi began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab A7
Exclamation Samsung Tab Nook

I have been an avid user of Calibre for many years. Till now whenever I upload it to my device, it usually goes to the Books Folder and then under the author Folder.

But in my new Samsung Tab Nook, the ebooks are going under Books Folder but not under the author Folder.

What am I doing wrong?
dhristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 05:18 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Since you are using a new device you are probably using a different device driver. With the device plugged in right-click the device icon and select the option to configure the device. That will allow you to view/edit the value for the path template.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2015, 12:53 PM   #3
dhristi
Enthusiast

I tried again after the configuration. It is seen in the Books Folder but it doesn't automatically go under the author file.

In the configuration, I did choose the Books Folder.

I tried this again with my other device but it works perfectly with my other device.
Old 01-14-2015, 01:22 PM   #4
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Since you are using a new device you are probably using a different device driver. With the device plugged in right-click the device icon and select the option to configure the device. That will allow you to view/edit the value for the path template.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhristi View Post
I tried again after the configuration. It is seen in the Books Folder but it doesn't automatically go under the author file.

In the configuration, I did choose the Books Folder.

I tried this again with my other device but it works perfectly with my other device.
[/QUOTE]
This is the template that I use. Be sure to check "use sub directories"
Code:
{authors}/{series}/{series_index:0>2} {title}
This will put your ebooks in a subdirectory of "authors name":
** subdirectory of "series name"
With a file name of "**series number" book "Title".

**Will be ignored if there is no series listed in meta-data.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 01:56 PM   #5
dhristi
Enthusiast

It works perfectly.

Thank you for your help
Advert

Tags