Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 01:14 PM   #1
biffysmalls
biffysmalls began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo and iPad Mini
Unhappy Get a title off an offline kobo

I bought my kobo about 3 years ago. Since then, I also purchased an iPad since getting library books on it was so much easier.

I haven't used the kobo in a couple of years and I have a problem. I am in Canada, I bought my kobo from a Chapters in Canada, and all of the books on it were bought in Canada. Since then, one of the books, Get in the Van by Henry Rollins is no longer available in Canada. As such, it no longer appears in my order history at kobobooks for re-downloading and any evidence of it ever being in my dropbox is also gone (probably an anal retentive clean up of my own doing a while ago).

It does still exist on my kobo however, as I keep it offline. Is there a way to get it off of the kobo so that I can put it onto my iPad (using bluefire, though I don't really care which app)? Or if I'm screwed, can I get some help in finding this thing? I'd rather not torrent or download anything illegally, though in this case, I'm willing to bend on this point since I'd rather not have to pay twice for an ebook I already own.

If there really is no way around this, if someone could buy a legit copy and send it to me, I'd be happy to forward you the cash via paypal.

Thanks
Old 08-12-2014, 05:11 PM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Try taking a virtual trip to a different country where it is still available on Kobo (change your country in your Kobo profile). It might show up again on your account and let you get access to it. Kobo seems to use your "declared" country in your profile for geo-restrictions rather than your IP address.
Advert
Old 08-12-2014, 06:04 PM   #3
biffysmalls
biffysmalls began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo and iPad Mini
I had to create a new account, but that looks like it did it, just saying I lived in TX. For $10, I'll take it. Thanks.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:10 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
How to copy KEPUBs off your device: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=222021

If the book has DRM (and most do) that will be an adventure of its own, though. Try googling for "obok kobo drm".
Old 08-13-2014, 04:14 AM   #5
mattrix
Enthusiast
mattrix considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.mattrix considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.mattrix considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.mattrix considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.mattrix considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.mattrix considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.mattrix considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.mattrix considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.mattrix considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.mattrix considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.mattrix considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: KoboGlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
If the book has DRM (and most do) that will be an adventure of its own, though. Try googling for "obok kobo drm".
Problem with this is kobo uses per device keys for kepubs; the key for the desktop is different to the key used on the reader. The OP can't get the book into kobo desktop.

How do you get the reader key?

Last edited by mattrix; 08-13-2014 at 04:17 AM.
Advert
Old 08-13-2014, 04:19 AM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Moderator Notice

Detailed discusssion of DRM removal is not permitted at MobileRead. Thread closed.
Closed Thread

Tags
ade, drm, ipad. canada, kobo