Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-15-2013, 12:10 PM   #31
gargoyle67
Addict
gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura
Case envy I love it
gargoyle67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:33 PM   #32
kingjain
Enthusiast
kingjain solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kingjain solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kingjain solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kingjain solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kingjain solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kingjain solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kingjain solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kingjain solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kingjain solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kingjain solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kingjain solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

I'm certainly envious

Package departed China for the US 10 days ago....still no word since then. Must.be.patient.
kingjain is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2013, 04:21 PM   #33
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by selina4books View Post
I just ordered this one from eBay for $10.99. I got red, they had black and purple too, but they seem to be going fast, only one red one left!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MakeTrack=true
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaCat View Post
Thank you for the heads up on this; I didn't see it last night. Red was what I wanted so I jumped on it and ordered it.
Looks like it already shipped; the eBay tracking history shows it as 'In transit' with estimated delivery between 12/2 and 12/18 so hopefully I'll have it before Christmas.
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #34
kingjain
Enthusiast
kingjain solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kingjain solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kingjain solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kingjain solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kingjain solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kingjain solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kingjain solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kingjain solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kingjain solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kingjain solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kingjain solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

So somehow my package "departed China" 11 days ago, but "departed Shanghai" only today....strange
Old 11-16-2013, 12:24 PM   #35
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Hurray, my case has arrived. It looks great and fits well, however, it doesn't appear to put the Aura to sleep. Please will anybody else who gets this case, (either from China or eBay), confirm whether or not the sleep function works for you.

Thanks.

The third photo doesn't show the true colour of the case interior, it is really a light grey not brown - I took the photo with my phone in low light conditions, sorry about that, I will try and get a better photo in daylight.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0219.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	513.9 KB
ID:	115276   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0220.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	115277   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0221.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	554.7 KB
ID:	115278  
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2013, 02:04 PM   #36
thymaster
Zealot
thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
^ Nice. You're case is much nicer and cheaper then the over priced $40 Kobo sleep cover case that I dislike and barely use.

Is there no magnet along that little metallic strip on the side? Try putting a soft magnet around there to see if goes to sleep. Then you can try customizing your own sleep magnet.
thymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:31 PM   #37
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, I can't fault the price of $13.99 inc. shipping. The metallic strip is a magnet, it holds the case closed very securely, but the Aura doesn't switch off. If I get feedback that other people's covers work properly, then I'll contact the seller. In fact, I'll contact the seller anyway but it would help to know if my case is faulty first.

I'm not very good at customising things especially as I am fussy about the appearance. Hopefully my case is just faulty and I can get it replaced.

I haven't seen the official case but I did see the one for the Aura HD and wasn't impressed. My sister bought the eBay case for her Aura HD, (same Chinese import), and it is far nicer than the official one, obviously much cheaper too. It also works properly, including the sleep function.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #38
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
I ordered the same cover from China but it hasn't arrived yet and Canada Post has decided that the tracking number is no longer valid, though it had been valid until yesterday. I sure hope the sleep function does work (if it ever gets here).

@Lyn, sorry to ask but have you checked to make sure you didn't disable the sleepcover function in the settings?
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:43 PM   #39
Lyn2012
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
I ordered the same cover from China but it hasn't arrived yet and Canada Post has decided that the tracking number is no longer valid, though it had been valid until yesterday. I sure hope the sleep function does work (if it ever gets here).

@Lyn, sorry to ask but have you checked to make sure you didn't disable the sleepcover function in the settings?
@jiminrussell Thanks for the reminder, I had forgotten (or never knew) about that setting. Unfortunately when I checked, it was enabled. I was hoping for such a simple solution!

I hope your cover shows up soon - I'm sure it will. The UK postal system was never able to find the tracking number so it was a lovely surprise to find it had arrived today.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #40
gargoyle67
Addict
gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Mine works fine with the sleep option, Maybe do a reset of the Kobo and see if that works ok for you ?
gargoyle67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #41
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2012 View Post
@jiminrussell Thanks for the reminder, I had forgotten (or never knew) about that setting. Unfortunately when I checked, it was enabled. I was hoping for such a simple solution!
The sleep cover should contain a magnet that triggers the sleep. If you have a strong magnet around, you could try that. I don't know about the Aura, but the sensor in the Glo is near the bottom right of the screen. You could also use the magnet to prove the cover has one.

Another thing to do is toggle the setting off and restart the device then toggle it on. If that doesn't work restart again. This might force rereading the setting properly.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:34 AM   #42
Nightyume
Addict
Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Device: HTC One, Galaxy Note 10.1, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjain View Post
So somehow my package "departed China" 11 days ago, but "departed Shanghai" only today....strange
I soo hope that doesn't happen to me as mine "departed China" at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2012 View Post
Hurray, my case has arrived. It looks great and fits well, however, it doesn't appear to put the Aura to sleep. Please will anybody else who gets this case, (either from China or eBay), confirm whether or not the sleep function works for you.

Thanks.

The third photo doesn't show the true colour of the case interior, it is really a light grey not brown - I took the photo with my phone in low light conditions, sorry about that, I will try and get a better photo in daylight.
Oooh, pretty, me wants

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargoyle67 View Post
Mine works fine with the sleep option, Maybe do a reset of the Kobo and see if that works ok for you ?
A bit extreme, I'd suggest first Davidfor's advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The sleep cover should contain a magnet that triggers the sleep. If you have a strong magnet around, you could try that. I don't know about the Aura, but the sensor in the Glo is near the bottom right of the screen. You could also use the magnet to prove the cover has one.

Another thing to do is toggle the setting off and restart the device then toggle it on. If that doesn't work restart again. This might force rereading the setting properly.
I would go with Davidfor's suggestions. First, check if the cover has a magnet along the bottom (either using a magnet or a piece of metal and see if there's any attraction). If you find a magnet along the bottom edge whatever you're using to test it should stick hard not just be a slight pull or it most likely isn't strong enough. On the Aura the sensor is also on the bottom bezel, below the screen near the right corner. You'll need a powerful magnet to test it out. It works on my Aura (the magnet, not the cover as I don't have that yet) but I needed to use a speaker magnet to get it to work, the magnet that works on my Glo isn't powerful enough for the Aura.
Nightyume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:01 AM   #43
Lyn2012
Addict

A big thank you to everyone for all your suggestions.

First I tested the Aura using a fridge magnet - it switches on and off perfectly, so I haven't tried resetting or anything. Regarding the positioning of the magnet on my Aura, it doesn't appear to be on the bottom bezel at all, it works best by placing the magnet about 1" in and 1" up from the bottom right corner of the screen. When I look closely at my case I can see where the magnet is placed - it looks to be in the correct area. I then tried closing the case normally and then pressing gently over the area where the magnet is. Hey presto, the Aura switches off!

Obviously I am not happy with this solution as I cannot be certain that the Aura will remain off when it is in my bag - I certainly don't want the battery to keep draining unnecessarily.

@gargoyle67 I am pleased to know that your cover works properly, I'm wondering if there is a different strength magnet in the black covers .... or maybe just positioned slightly better? I don't know but I will be contacting the seller to see what they have to say.

@Nightyume I hope your cover turns up soon - and that it works properly. When it does, please would you post and let me know, also which colour you ordered.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0223.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	594.1 KB
ID:	115329  
Old 11-17-2013, 10:49 AM   #44
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I've just picked up a Kobo Aura and am on the lookout for the lightest cover. Its not bulk so much as weight thats the factor.

I bought the official Sleep Cover at the time i bought the Aura and it weighs 112 grams. I just wondered if anyone knew how much the Classic Cover weighs?

Or any other sugestions please? The Ultra Slim cover in this thread doesn't seem to be available anymore

Thanks
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:12 AM   #45
kingjain
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I've just picked up a Kobo Aura and am on the lookout for the lightest cover. Its not bulk so much as weight thats the factor.

I bought the official Sleep Cover at the time i bought the Aura and it weighs 112 grams. I just wondered if anyone knew how much the Classic Cover weighs?

Or any other sugestions please? The Ultra Slim cover in this thread doesn't seem to be available anymore

Thanks
Here is the case that most of us in the above posts are talking about (found 2 sellers):

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ultra...438875491.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...424461216.html

While doing this search, I stumbled upon this new design which I haven't seen before:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/PU-le...456997311.html

You might want to do a quick search on ebay for these cases because aliexpress seller's take an excruciatingly long time to process.