Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-01-2013, 10:12 PM   #1
Feather_Qwill
Enthusiast
Feather_Qwill began at the beginning.

Device: EZReader Pocket Pro
Save/Send one copy only, using prefered file types

Is there a way to set Calibre to only ever "send to device"/"save to disk" one copy of a book, using the preferred filetypes when they are available?

I know there's "Send only single format to disk" but that excludes entirely the books that don't have that format available. I only want one copy of a book on my reader at a time, and I don't want to to have to search out and save the non-epubs individually every time I update my files.

I guess I can delete the other copies, but I would prefer to hold onto them for future use if possible.
Feather_Qwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:06 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Send to Device only sends one format - the highest up your priority list that is in your library or by converting if necessary - so your problem is only related to Save to Disk. If Calibre cannot handle your device directly you might get the results you want by using the Folder pseudo-device.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2013, 03:19 AM   #3
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Another possibility is to do the conversions to epub in advance, and perhaps review them for possible problems. After that everything should work just as desired.

I do just this, but I send epub or if epub isn't available pdf. Nothing else.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:31 AM   #4
Feather_Qwill
Enthusiast
Feather_Qwill began at the beginning.

Device: EZReader Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Send to Device only sends one format - the highest up your priority list that is in your library or by converting if necessary - so your problem is only related to Save to Disk. If Calibre cannot handle your device directly you might get the results you want by using the Folder pseudo-device.
How do I set up a Folder pseudo-device?
Feather_Qwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:38 AM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather_Qwill View Post
Use the Connect to Folder option!
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2013, 04:38 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather_Qwill View Post
Create a folder somewhere. Then in calibre, click on the connect/share button and choose "Connect to folder". Navigate to the folder you created. You can also create the folder while navigating.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote