Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-24-2024, 09:40 PM   #1
cropcorset
cropcorset began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Clara HD shows frozen firmware update screen

I bought a broken Clara HD that "wouldn't charge."

The seller I bought it from posted pics of it on, inside the French "welcome to kobo" screen.

Not sure why, but I received it in a firmware update state screen.

https://i.ibb.co/vLCLVtY/signal-2024...175350-002.jpg

I've already backed up the SD card inside using dd, but now I have to figure out what to do now. From experience, what is the current most common issue plaguing the Kobo Clara HD that results in this?

I understand I may be in a bit of a unique situation, having bought something defective. I probably should've negotiated a lower price with the seller, but I ended up paying $40 for it.
cropcorset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 11:34 PM   #2
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Connect it to a computer and see if KoboRoot.tgz is present?
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 01:34 AM   #3
cropcorset
cropcorset began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Connect it to a computer and see if KoboRoot.tgz is present?
It was.

Anyways, I got it work! Thank you for the e-reader image from the other thread!
cropcorset is offline   Reply With Quote