Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-17-2024, 04:35 PM   #46
Alastair_S
Zealot
Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
I have a number of books that are no longer available at Kobo UK. After a factory reset last year (to address a sync problem) I synced and successfully downloaded all of my Kobo books, including those that Kobo UK no longer offer. Also I have just checked my Kobo account and all of the books I 'purchased' (most were freebies) still show. So I do not understand why some people are having problems, perhaps it depends on the country of the Kobo store.
Alastair_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 11:31 PM   #47
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
With both Kobo and Baen, I have purchased books that they no longer have rights to but they show in my account and I can download them. My Baen account goes back to the 1990's while my Kobo account goes back 2009.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 07:38 AM   #48
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
The Kobo store has serious problems with edition management. Every time the publisher updates the cover image, the book gets a new page URL (title-1, title-2, title-3), a new release date, and all the reviews and ratings get wiped out. It's ridiculous. If you bought a book that gets updated like this, you will initially have access to the old edition in your account, but you won't be able to visit the product page anymore. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the old one simply vanishes from "My Books" after some number of years.
I just chatted with Kobo and my eBooks are all up-to-date. Nothing was needed to be done. I did double check two that previously came up as not available and they are available and one that has a version number and it's a later version number then the copy in my calibre library.

So maybe Kobo is giving the latest versions without having to ask for them to be updated.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 08:55 AM   #49
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
I have no idea what is or isn't in my Kobo library. Too many to check, and no point for me.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 02:48 PM   #50
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I have no idea what is or isn't in my Kobo library. Too many to check, and no point for me.
I don't know everything in my Kobo Library, but I'm happy to know it's all up-to-date. I hope this is something Kobo has changed.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 07:46 AM   #51
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Kobo Sage and Libra 2,Ipad mini 5
I rarely buy books from Kobo, they are generally more expensive than other places that I visit. But out of curiosity I logged on to check my library. It was empty!
Over the years I have bought maybe a dozen or so books from Kobo. In Calibre I don't register from where I have bought my books.
There was however one book that I remember having bought at Kobo. Looking the book up at Kobo I was informed that I had removed the book from my libray.
I haven't lost any books. I always immediately transfer my purchases to Calibre.
to restore

Edit: I discovered that there is an option to restore my items. However I dont remember ever having removed them.

Last edited by svenlind; 02-19-2024 at 07:52 AM.
svenlind is offline   Reply With Quote