Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-12-2024, 04:31 AM   #1
Varming
Varming can differentiate black from dark navy blueVarming can differentiate black from dark navy blueVarming can differentiate black from dark navy blueVarming can differentiate black from dark navy blueVarming can differentiate black from dark navy blueVarming can differentiate black from dark navy blueVarming can differentiate black from dark navy blueVarming can differentiate black from dark navy blueVarming can differentiate black from dark navy blueVarming can differentiate black from dark navy blueVarming can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Sony PRS-505
Changes in .conf disappear

I've just tried changing the api endpoint in my .conf file but after disconnecting the Kobo device from my Mac it reverts to the default .conf file. I did a factory reset and started all over but the Kobo still does the same thing.

Are there any settings you have to set to make changes stick or are there any other tricks?
Varming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 07:04 AM   #2
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varming View Post
I've just tried changing the api endpoint in my .conf file but after disconnecting the Kobo device from my Mac it reverts to the default .conf file. I did a factory reset and started all over but the Kobo still does the same thing.

Are there any settings you have to set to make changes stick or are there any other tricks?
Maybe you are using an editor that doesn't terminate lines with the correct lf/crlf?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 07:32 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Make sure at My Books or Home before connecting USB cable.
Make a copy and backup of the file.
Edit the copy
Delete the original
Copy over the edited copy.
Eject and wait for Kobo to return to GUI before unplugging cable.
Reboot the Kobo. Some settings become active after USB disconnect, others need a reboot.

@John F. The Mac isn't like Windows. It's the default Windows Notepad that does DOS format pargraph/newlines. However, I've not used Mac since OS9. There may be a setting, but Mac OS since about 2002 is based on an OS derived from UNIX (NextStep based on BSD), so it would be strange if the default text editor uses DOS formatting.

Last edited by Quoth; 02-12-2024 at 07:35 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 07:54 AM   #4
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Make sure at My Books or Home before connecting USB cable.
Make a copy and backup of the file.
Edit the copy
Delete the original
Copy over the edited copy.
Eject and wait for Kobo to return to GUI before unplugging cable.
Reboot the Kobo. Some settings become active after USB disconnect, others need a reboot.

@John F. The Mac isn't like Windows. It's the default Windows Notepad that does DOS format pargraph/newlines. However, I've not used Mac since OS9. There may be a setting, but Mac OS since about 2002 is based on an OS derived from UNIX (NextStep based on BSD), so it would be strange if the default text editor uses DOS formatting.
Best not to assume which editor the OP is using?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 12:45 PM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Certainly Pages on the Mac is the wrong one.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote