Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-30-2024, 05:26 AM   #1
Devonroy
Devonroy began at the beginning.

Device: none
It's driving me mad.

Whenever I finish a library book and try to return it, I get the message 'not connected to the WiFi.
So, try to connect asked for password, enter password, message come up 'unable to join please try again'.
Try again and keep getting the same message, after 30mins of trying it finally connects, why is this, it's driving me mad.
Help Please.
Devonroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 01:40 AM   #2
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
So many things could be going wrong. Let’s rule out some basics.

What about when you stand next to your WiFi router? Do you still have the same issues?
Does the problem persist when you power cycle your Kobo? I mean to fully shut it off, then boot it back up, not just put it to sleep.
Cootey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 05:56 AM   #3
Devonroy
Devonroy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
So many things could be going wrong. Let’s rule out some basics.

What about when you stand next to your WiFi router? Do you still have the same issues?
Does the problem persist when you power cycle your Kobo? I mean to fully shut it off, then boot it back up, not just put it to sleep.
Thanks very much for your reply.
Tried standing next to router that made no difference, but a full shut down did, so perhaps that is the route to go, will see how things go.
Devonroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 03:38 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
My experience has been NOT to use the Return Early option displayed when you finish the book; rather do a Sync from the top bar of the My Books display, and once that completes select the 3 dots beside the book in My Books and user the return option there.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 05:04 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
For myself, I don't use the early return pop up when I finish the book. I page forward and then, in Books, tap on the ... menu for the finished book and return from there. For me, the sync is not needed. One thing I haven't tried yet is to finish the book, re-open it and then try to return it from the ... menu.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 10:33 AM   #6
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonroy View Post
Thanks very much for your reply.
Tried standing next to router that made no difference, but a full shut down did, so perhaps that is the route to go, will see how things go.

Aside from the other suggestions offered, you might try signing out of Overdrive then signing back in. Every once in a while I have encountered sync issues between my eReader and Overdrive. I assumed something went wrong with the current authorization token, but signing out, then signing back into Overdrive, fixed the problem.
Cootey is online now   Reply With Quote