Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-20-2024, 11:51 PM   #1
qprfan99
Enthusiast
qprfan99 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.qprfan99 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.qprfan99 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.qprfan99 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
SQLError Message whenever I do anything.

I keep getting this error message whenever I try to do anything in Calibre

It reads as follows (i can't seem to copy it to here)

ERROR: Unhandled Exception
SQLError:SQLError: No such table: notes_db notes

Normally if I just click OK it disappears but it doesn't always.

Regards
Larry
qprfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 12:00 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quit calibre. go into the calibre library folder and delete a subfolder named .calnotes
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2024, 09:46 PM   #3
qprfan99
Enthusiast
qprfan99 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.qprfan99 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.qprfan99 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.qprfan99 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Thx Kovid

Unfortunately I can't find a sub-folder or a file with that name.
Old 03-21-2024, 10:08 PM   #4
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
In File Explorer, turn on the option to show Hidden files.
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 12:05 AM   #5
qprfan99
Enthusiast

Still can't find it.
Advert
Old 03-22-2024, 12:15 AM   #6
qprfan99
Enthusiast

Just realised that Kovid said to go into the Calibre Library folder. Whereas I was looking in the Calibre2 folder in the Programs Files folder.

However I cannot find a Calibre Library folder either (or am I still looking in the wrong place?)
Old 03-22-2024, 12:42 AM   #7
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by qprfan99 View Post
Just realised that Kovid said to go into the Calibre Library folder. Whereas I was looking in the Calibre2 folder in the Programs Files folder.

However I cannot find a Calibre Library folder either (or am I still looking in the wrong place?)
select any book in Calibre, press letter 'O'. Now you're in a subfolder of your library.

the subfolder .calnotes, if visible depending on your file explorer settings (menu view -> options -> show hidden files and folders, via explorer ribbon), will be in your library folder 'root' level
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 01:08 PM   #8
jmurphy
Connoisseur
jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmurphy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipaq
Quote:
Originally Posted by qprfan99 View Post

Usually, on Windows, it is:
C:\users\yourname\Calibre Library

The library is the *folder* that contains metadata.db.
And *all* the files and sub-folders in that folder.

So, you could search your whole hard drive for metadata.db.
Open a command prompt and type "DIR C:\metadata.db /s"

This will search all folders you have permission to see, and should find your library relatively quickly. (Depending how big your drive is, it could take a couple/few minutes)
jmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 02:14 AM   #9
qprfan99
Enthusiast

Sorted - at last. Senility rushes on.

Thx everyone.
Old Yesterday, 09:15 PM   #10
qprfan99
Enthusiast

The same problem is re-occurring, regularly. Is there any way to permanently solve the problem? Should I go back to a previous version?

Any help/advice should be written slowly as I'm getting old & feeling older.