Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-12-2021, 11:08 AM   #16
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
pm'd you the Windows pre-release link.

Please use the original image file names so there is no confusion about which image replaces which.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashjuk View Post
Windows 10.

I have made a start and I am saving them as jpg files.

I will upload them to a shared Google Drive folder where they can be accessed by anyone who needs them.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...s7?usp=sharing
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 12:01 PM   #17
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
pm'd you the Windows pre-release link.

Please use the original image file names so there is no confusion about which image replaces which.

Thanks!
I saw that after I had made a start - have now re-uloaded them with the original file names and in png format as per the current manual.

Hope I did not cause any confusion.

Ashley
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2021, 10:11 AM   #18
Banjo
Zealot
Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Asus Zen Pad
I will try adding to this documentation project, but since I run on Linux I will have to build Sigil 1.5 from source code. I am running Mageia 8 RC 1 for my OS. I built Sigil from source on Mageia 7 a while back, so I think I can do this after some messing around with my setup.

I am currently running Sigil 1.4.3 from the Mageia repository using Qt 1.15.2.

If I grab the source code from the master branch, is that equivalent to 1.5.0? I presume that I can build Sigil against Qt 1.15.2

Banjo
Banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 10:17 AM   #19
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes master is what will become Sigil-1.5.0. Yes Sigil should build with Qt 5.15.x but there will be some warnings and deprecation warnings that can all safely be ignored.
Old 02-14-2021, 10:47 AM   #20
Banjo
Zealot
Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Banjo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

OK. I have to install some dev packages before I can attempt to build it. I will get 1.5 running and take a look at it to see what I can contribute.

Like the others, I am a novice at using Sigil, so writing the user manual will be a challenge. But I am willing to give it a go and see what comes out.
Advert
Old 02-14-2021, 11:59 AM   #21
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
As far as I can tell I have completed all the images that were contained in the existing user-guide plus a couple of extra icon images that did not exist.

All the files are in png format with the existing file names.

There are 171 in total, and have all been uploaded to the Google Drive folder that I linked to in a previous post.

If anyone who is editing chapters requires any changes to be made - or any additional images - please let me know and I will be happy to help.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 12:01 PM   #22
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'm building/running/developing Sigil on Arch with the system Qt5.15.2 (and Python 3.9.1) with no problems.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 09:31 AM   #23
Banjo
Zealot

I have built 1.5.0 on my Linux computer. I will write a chapter on customizing the UI to see how that goes.
Old 02-16-2021, 01:23 PM   #24
Banjo
Zealot

I wrote a chapter on how to customize the UI, specifically dragging and dropping UI objects to customize the interface. The files are in the attached zip file. The file names all begin with "ui_customize".

I wrote the chapter using Sigil within the user manual and designed it to fit under the chapter "Features". If you unzip and add all the files to your user manual inside of Sigil, it should just work. When I was writing it, I placed the chapter directly after the Preferences chapter, but where you put it is up to you.

Feel free to move, modify, not use, or do whatever you think is correct. Let me know if I you want me to do anything further with this.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ui_customize.zip (3.26 MB, 121 views)
Old 02-16-2021, 02:19 PM   #25
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Great I will grab it and all of the modified images and try and integrate them into the user manual repo.

Thanks!

Feel free to grab any other new chapter if the topic interests you.

Kevin
Old 02-16-2021, 04:00 PM   #26
Banjo
Zealot

I will go take another look at the suggested topics. I am such a novice at most of the Sigil features that it will be quite a learning curve for me before I can document how they work.

I am curious about how one might create a set of custom icons. Is there some place I can find out the formats, locations, packaging etc that Sigil expects?
Old 02-16-2021, 04:24 PM   #27
KevinH
Sigil Developer

If you look at our github IconThemes repository you will see collections of icons (including a Legacy set). Each icon set is a set of svg icon files with identical names in each set.

So start with a theme closest to what you want, and for every svg file in the theme, change or modify it to suit you. Keep the file names and svg extension as that is what Sigil looks for.

Let me know if you have questions. BeckyEbook would also be a good resource as she collected and designed almost all of these tor us. She knows the details of each svg icon set well.
Old 02-16-2021, 06:58 PM   #28
Banjo
Zealot

Thanks for the pointer. I will go take a look.
Old 02-16-2021, 11:43 PM   #29
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
If you look at our github IconThemes repository [...]
There's a few typos on the main page:

https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/IconThemes

User's -> Users
primnary -> primary

Quote:
This repository holds the primary user interface icons used by Sigil in icon sets referred to as "themes". User's of Sigil can choose to use one of the three primnary icon themes provided with Sigil:
The wording in the readme could use tightening up too... I'll see what I can do with a rewrite.

Edit: I created a Pull Request. No clue wtf I'm doing on Github though... so there'll be some growing pains.

Last edited by Tex2002ans; 02-17-2021 at 12:16 AM.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 02:53 PM   #30
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Hi Ashjuk,

I am working to integrate your new images into the user's guide.

Would you please regenerate the main Metadata Editor window image with the pre-release Sigil-1.5.0 build as opposed to Sigil 1.4.3. The way the default Metadata editor looks now has changed considerably since Sigil 1.4.3.

I have created my own image from Sigil-1.5.0 but it looks quite inconsistent against your new images since I am working on a mac.

Thanks!

Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashjuk View Post
Windows 10.

I have made a start and I am saving them as jpg files.

I will upload them to a shared Google Drive folder where they can be accessed by anyone who needs them.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...s7?usp=sharing