Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 07-24-2020, 05:43 PM   #1
Ramiel75
Ramiel75 began at the beginning.

Device: pc
Viewer Scrolling Issue.

Ever since version 4.20 the mouse wheel scrolling on the viewer is not as responsive as it used to be, previously it would scroll the whole page with a single scroll click but now it takes 4 or 5. Has the scroll amount changed? Is there anywhere I can change it? Thanks.
Ramiel75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 06:30 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Which operating system and version

Also see if this recent thread helps == >> Calibre's viewer scrolling problem on laptop

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2020, 06:55 PM   #3
Ramiel75

Windows 10, Using 4.21 calibre. I tested with calibre portable and version 4.19 seems to be the last one without the issue. The issue is for page mode. Wil check the thread.
Old 08-02-2020, 04:22 PM   #4
laurenbr
laurenbr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Having the same problem. Was not fixed in 4.22.
Works well using the 32 bit windows version though.
Any idea?
laurenbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 05:04 PM   #5
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenbr View Post
Having the same problem. Was not fixed in 4.22.
Works well using the 32 bit windows version though.
Any idea?
You need to go to Viewer Preferences --Scrolling behavior and set "Pixel scroll threshold:".

I found that setting it to 55 works for my system but you may have to use a different setting.

bernie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-08-02 16-58-51.png
Views:	257
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	181087  
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2020, 09:00 AM   #6
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
I use 0, it works for me.

ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 09:29 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
0 will work provided your mouse generates one scroll event per click, which i suspect most "traditional, low res" wheel mice do. The high res "precision" type and touchpads dont.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 06:55 PM   #8
Ramiel75

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
You need to go to Viewer Preferences --Scrolling behavior and set "Pixel scroll threshold:".

I found that setting it to 55 works for my system but you may have to use a different setting.

bernie
Came back to say this, this fixed my issue. Thanks