Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-27-2016, 12:22 PM   #1
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Sigil Improvement Projects for Developers/Volunteers

If you have some developer and or writing skills and want to help contribute to the Sigil Project, I have opened some tracking issues based on feature requests we have received:

Issue 218:
Add support for SpellChecking in multiple languages in the same ebook at the same time

Issue 219:
Find a good C or C++ based css parser with a GPL compatible opensource license with no (very few?) external requirements much like the gumbo html5 parser integrated earlier. Then integrate this CSS parser into 3rdParty and the CSSInfo class.

Issue 220:
Add support for Search and Replace done only for text outside of the xhtml elements tags. Right now this is possible using regular expressions but an easier approach would be nice to have.

Issue 119:
Update the Sigil user's guide from Sigil 0.7.2 to the latest release Sigil-0.9.6

Anyone interested in any of these projects, please let us know here to prevent duplication of effort.

See https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/Sigil/issues

Thanks!
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 05:37 PM   #2
varlog
actually it is /var/log
varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs t1
Hi Kevin,

Issue ... they all suck ... 218 let it be.

As far as I can understand it would mean:
combining 2 or more dictionaries in one for spelling check (it is not something I personally would want!)
so Edit->Preferences->Spellcheck Dictionaries should have by Dictionary a [+] button which will allow to add another language
so the dictionary box should show current situation
a [-] box must be there of course!

Is this right?
Way out of my field of competence as usual.

Ok, if I deliver something like that would you pull my PreserveFileName patch? git rebase master sucks so much...

regards
varlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2016, 11:20 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
No, issue 218 refers to this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=274480
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:05 AM   #4
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
@KevinH -- IN RE: Users' Guide

I am still using v 0.8.6, and I really don't know much about v 0.9.6.

But if someone would volunteer to provide usage information about procedures new to v 0.9.6 in a rough form, I am fairly competent at writing up lucid step-through information and working up screen-shots. If you can use me in such a capacity, I am yours to command.

Let me know.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 09:55 AM   #5
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi GrannyGrump,

That would be wonderful. The current manual is at 0.7.2 so there are many new features that need to be updated.

Here is a short list off the top of my head:

- The entire plugin interface - how to manage plugins, how to run plugins, how to assign common plugins to one of the 3 plugin icons. Where to get the Flightcrew plugin and how to use it for epub2

- The Preserve Entities Preferences to allow the user to preserve both named and numeric entities like & n b s p ; or & # 1 6 0 ;

- Removing Tidy from Preferences, the new CleanSource preferences and how PrettyPrint is now done

- New General Settings in Preferences for: setting Default epub type (2 or 3), set the Temp folder location, set what level of css to validate against, etc

- the new GUI Metadata Editor

- The ePub 3 tools menus and sub-menus for building ncx from nav, manifest properties, etc and that Sigil requires an epub3 to have an ncx to aid backwards compatibility with epub2.

- The nav document for epub3 and how the user can set a default stylesheet for it

Those are the biggest new features that I can think of off the top of my head. I would be happy to walk you through anything you need help with.

Almost all of the Sigil 0.7.2 manual epub stays the same. The bulk of the work would be adding new information and screen shots about the new features and new interface dialogs.

Just let me know what you need, and I would be happy to explain or help in any way I can.

Thanks so much!

Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post
@KevinH -- IN RE: Users' Guide

I am still using v 0.8.6, and I really don't know much about v 0.9.6.

But if someone would volunteer to provide usage information about procedures new to v 0.9.6 in a rough form, I am fairly competent at writing up lucid step-through information and working up screen-shots. If you can use me in such a capacity, I am yours to command.

Let me know.
Advert
Old 06-01-2016, 10:04 AM   #6
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by varlog View Post
As far as I can understand it would mean:
combining 2 or more dictionaries in one for spelling check (it is not something I personally would want!)
so Edit->Preferences->Spellcheck Dictionaries should have by Dictionary a [+] button which will allow to add another language
so the dictionary box should show current situation
a [-] box must be there of course!
Not quite. Instead we need to change the code that parses an xhtml file that extracts the text, to keep track of tags too and any lang= or xml:lang= tags in a stack, so that for each word of text, we simply look at the most recent language definition and then pass both the word and its language to the spellchecker interface. The language stack defaults to the user metadata language setting.

The spellchecker then uses the lang info to decide which dictionary to use. The singleton SpellChecker class would then keep open and use up to say 4 or 5 dictionaries (we can make the actual limit a user preference setting) because each dictionary takes up lots of memory.

The language would be passed along to the spellchecker dialog along with the misspelt word. It would be up to the user to decide based on the language info, what user dictionary they want to add that word to and whether they want to use that user wordlist with a particular book.

I am not sure if clicking on a misspelt word in the search will find all uses of the word or will be language dependent.

Quote:
Is this right?
Way out of my field of competence as usual.

Ok, if I deliver something like that would you pull my PreserveFileName patch? git rebase master sucks so much...
regards
See above, we can talk about it.

KevinH
Old 06-01-2016, 01:29 PM   #7
varlog
actually it is /var/log
varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs t1
Yes, I've followed eschwartz's (thanks) note and saw that I was not quite in the appropriate reality - my level of incompetence staggers me . Thanks for clarifying, we will see.
varlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 09:13 AM   #8
vltncr
vltncr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Multiple language spell check

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Not quite. Instead we need to change the code that parses an xhtml file that extracts the text, to keep track of tags too and any lang= or xml:lang= tags in a stack, so that for each word of text, we simply look at the most recent language definition and then pass both the word and its language to the spellchecker interface. The language stack defaults to the user metadata language setting.

KevinH

It makes me really miss . Do I have missed Calibre editor.
vltncr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 09:22 AM   #9
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Huh? I have no idea what you are trying to ask or say here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vltncr View Post
It makes me really miss . Do I have missed Calibre editor.
Old 06-18-2016, 10:14 AM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The 2 editors behave differently , which is why I use BOTH for tricky problems.

Usually, if one misses, the other does not.

Personally, I want them to be different (as long as they remain functional), just for those reasons
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 04:30 AM   #11
vltncr

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Huh? I have no idea what you are trying to ask or say here.
I'm saying that use both editors and when I'm working on Sigil and must revise the text in more than one language , I miss this feature that Calibre have.
But stay calm. I will not return to the forum if I have to listen to insults because of my comments.
I regret that this comment came from someone I admired his work.
Old 06-25-2016, 06:04 AM   #12
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
I'm saying that use both editors and when I'm working on Sigil and must revise the text in more than one language , I miss this feature that Calibre have.
But stay calm. I will not return to the forum if I have to listen to insults because of my comments.
I regret that this comment came from someone I admired his work.
What insult? If you reread your post that KevinH quoted, it doesn't make sense. We can guess, but, it is generally better to ask. That's what he was doing.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 06:40 AM   #13
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I agree. There was no insult. I've never known Kevin to ever be insulting. He was simply asking for clarification on a post he (nor I, to be frank) didn't understand.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 06-25-2016 at 06:44 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 07:28 AM   #14
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
There's a slim chance that this feature will be added in a future version, because varlog is working on it in his downtime. Here's the project thread.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 09:30 AM   #15
vltncr

IN BRAZIL, this kind of question has the following meaning : I do not know what you do here , why not back there ?
Sorry if I was betrayed by the difference between languages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
What insult? If you reread your post that KevinH quoted, it doesn't make sense. We can guess, but, it is generally better to ask. That's what he was doing.