Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-08-2017, 09:04 AM   #1666
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
The wiki page mentioned has now been updated to include all the firmware versions I could find mentioned here.

There are several cases where firmware URLs no longer work. Search for "No longer available" in the wiki page. Can we find out the correct URLs at all? Or maybe we just don't care: most of these are 4+ years old.

Kobo's release engineering has certainly been... let's say "interesting"... over the years. Multiple releases with the same version? Multiple releases with the same version but different SVN/git revisions? Pulled releases? We've got 'em all...
Nice , also add the Device Firmware table, with the earliest and latest firmware for each device.
also rearrange the page.

EDIT: I add the "bogus line break", sorry i didn't see that you remove them, the long text compress the table make it less readable.

Last edited by oren64; 02-08-2017 at 11:02 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 02:02 PM   #1667
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
Nice , also add the Device Firmware table, with the earliest and latest firmware for each device.
also rearrange the page.
Yes, thanks for doing that!

Quote:
EDIT: I add the "bogus line break", sorry i didn't see that you remove them, the long text compress the table make it less readable.
I know long lines make editing the table a bit awkward, but the table cell should wrap when you're reading the page normally.

There are some missing revision infos (the string in () after the version number). To fill these in I'm downloading one of the firmware zips, unzipping it, then untarring the KoboRoot.tgz, and then looking at the ./usr/local/Kobo/revinfo file. The first 10 hex characters seems to be what's being used in recent releases.

If anyone is bored and wants to fix the missing ones, there's a few and all assistance is welcomed
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2017, 02:53 PM   #1668
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I know long lines make editing the table a bit awkward, but the table cell should wrap when you're reading the page normally.
I add style="width: 800px;" to make it look better.

Quote:
There are some missing revision infos (the string in () after the version number). To fill these in I'm downloading one of the firmware zips, unzipping it, then untarring the KoboRoot.tgz, and then looking at the ./usr/local/Kobo/revinfo file. The first 10 hex characters seems to be what's being used in recent releases.

If anyone is bored and wants to fix the missing ones, there's a few and all assistance is welcomed
I added some.

Last edited by oren64; 02-08-2017 at 02:56 PM.
Old 02-08-2017, 03:13 PM   #1669
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
For the historians, there is 2.6.0
2.6.0 Mark 3: http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...date-2.6.0.zip
2.6.0 Mark 4: http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...date-2.6.0.zip

There is an alternative link to
3.1.0 Mark 4: http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...date-3.1.0.zip I did not check whether the content is the same as with the other link.

Last edited by tshering; 02-09-2017 at 03:21 AM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 04:58 PM   #1670
oren64
I need a chapter break

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Thanks I add it.
Quote:
2.7.0 Mark 5: (remove link)
It's 3.7.0 and not 2.7.0.

Quote:
There is an alternative link to
3.1.0 Mark 4: http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...date-3.1.0.zip I did not check whether the content is the same as with the other link.
I also add it.

Last edited by oren64; 02-09-2017 at 03:34 AM.
Advert
Old 02-08-2017, 05:48 PM   #1671
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
also rearrange the page.
Is that intended to be the factory reset firmware, or release day firmware? They can be very different.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 06:15 PM   #1672
Kudla
Kudla began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Aura
Question Aura(N514) Firmware?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
No. It will not. The new firmware relies on a change to the graphics in the OS and the OS will not run on an Aura.
If so, which is the latest and greatest firmware for Aura(N514)?

Please advise!
Kudla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 09:23 PM   #1673
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudla View Post
If so, which is the latest and greatest firmware for Aura(N514)?
Connect to a WiFi and do a sync. Either it will update to the "latest and greatest" or it is already there. Otherwise, go to the Wiki link being discussed above and look.
Old 02-09-2017, 01:58 AM   #1674
oren64
I need a chapter break

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Is that intended to be the factory reset firmware, or release day firmware? They can be very different.

The first firmware release by Kobo to specific the device, i knew it can be different from factory reset firmware, like in the Aura ONE factory reset firmware is 3.20.

I used the data from post 1 and 2, if you have more exact data do share, I am not so sure about the Mini, and don't have any about the Touch.

Last edited by oren64; 02-09-2017 at 02:00 AM.
Old 02-09-2017, 03:23 AM   #1675
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
It's 3.7.0 and not 2.7.0.
Thank you for spotting it. I removed the entry from my original post.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 05:12 AM   #1676
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
The first firmware release by Kobo to specific the device, i knew it can be different from factory reset firmware, like in the Aura ONE factory reset firmware is 3.20.

I used the data from post 1 and 2, if you have more exact data do share, I am not so sure about the Mini, and don't have any about the Touch.
If you used posts in this thread, then it's the release firmware. I don't know if it is useful to show the factory reset firmware. Someone might find it interesting, but nobody should use them.

The only other thing I noticed is that the Touch 2.0 was released in September 2015, so it should be 3.18.0. But, you could justify it having the same as the Glo HD. And I have 3.20.7280 as the release firmware for the Aura ONE. But, I don't remember seeing a link posted for it.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:04 PM   #1677
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What is the current version of Kobo Desktop?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 05:10 PM   #1678
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What is the current version of Kobo Desktop?
The current Mac version is 4.2.4917 (09f23dffc1).
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 05:12 PM   #1679
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
The current Mac version is 4.2.4917 (09f23dffc1).
Are OSX & Windows versions always at the same version?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 03:32 PM   #1680
kido.resuri
Groupie
kido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
So updating H2O is considered safe now? I see that the firmware is only released as Beta for H2O.
kido.resuri is offline   Reply With Quote