Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-25-2011, 11:14 AM   #1
llam
llam began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Email PDF to Kindle

Hi, this is my first message here, so bare with me =)

I just got my Kindle 3G last week and started using calibre to manage all my ebook as well as some articles for my kindle. With the lovely 3G and Wifi, I don't usually connect my kindle to the computer and I simply use email to transfer my documents. The thing is sometimes I would like to email articles in its original format (ie. PDF) rather than converting it first into mobi, which mess up with the page layout. I see the function doing so if I have my kindle connected to the computer, but not for email. Did I simply miss the feature somewhere or I can fine tune calibre to email pdf? Thanks!
llam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:31 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Preferences->email add pdf to the lsit of formats
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2011, 11:50 AM   #3
llam
llam began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Perfect! Just gave it try. It allows me to send PDF if it is the only version available. If I have converted it before (ie. mobi), it would send mobi without asking. It makes sense cuz I am not going to keep the mobi around if it does not look right. Thanks!
llam is offline   Reply With Quote