Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-18-2011, 05:03 AM   #1
roddglenn
roddglenn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Sequel to H G Wells' classic on 99cents/74p

For fans of H G Wells or The War of the Worlds I can recommend The War of the Worlds: Aftermath by Tony Wright. It's the first true sequel to H G Wells' original and he really has captured the tone and excitement of the original. It's also only 99 cents/74p at the moment on Kindle, so an absolute steal! It's around 90,000 words and also includes an exclusive short story entitled Thunder Child.

http://www.amazon.com/War-Worlds-Aft...5344952&sr=8-2 (US site)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/War-Worlds-A...5344909&sr=8-1 (UK site)
roddglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:18 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
When you say that it's "a true sequel", do you mean that it's officially sanctioned by the Wells estate, in the same way that Stephen Baxter's "The Time Ships" is an authorised sequel to "The Time Machine"?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:57 AM   #3
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
Hmmm, I wonder if the Wells estate authorized "Riding With Death"?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075142/

I think H.G. would have approved of the C.B. radio.
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:20 AM   #4
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Have you fixed all the spelling and grammar mistakes mentioned in the reviews? If not I know a good proof reader ...
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:25 AM   #5
roddglenn

Hi, sorry for the late reply. When I say a true sequel I mean a story that continues directly from the original and stays true to H G's voice and the spirit of the original. I've read a couple of what I'd call 'spin off' novels that couldn't really be described as a sequel.

The author originally self published it a couple of years earlier before it was picked up by Wild Wolf Publishing. The reviews refer to the earlier self-published version and not the new Wild Wolf one.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:43 PM   #6
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
The last Wild Wolf book I bought had mistakes on nearly every page, and I said I would never buy anything else of theirs again, but I'll have a look at the preview.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:18 AM   #7
roddglenn

From what I understand out of the 20 odd titles they have released a couple of earlier titles were printed with errors and had to go through further editing and a re-release. Both have been rectified. Wild Wolf is still a fairly new publisher (set up in 2007), so in their early days there were a few mistakes made. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Tags
alien invasion, h g wells, the war of the worlds