Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 08-17-2020, 06:56 PM   #1
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Specific ePub - can't scroll past end of sections

I was cleaning up the Calibre metadata for some of my ePubs and came across a strange issue with a specific one. (Unfortunately, it's copyright, so I can't post it.)

I can scroll to the end of each section (using either my preferred arrow keys or the scrollwheel). However, at the end of each section, I'm unable to scroll any further, and have to use Go To > Next Section or the TOC. I'm able to scroll to the previous chapter.

This behaviour doesn't happen in the Calibre 3.48 viewer.

So far, I've tried converting epub > epub and running Epub-Checker on it (it found one error in the CSS, which I fixed).

Any other suggestions on what the issue might be?

EDIT: Converting to MOBI and back fixed the issue.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 08-17-2020 at 07:06 PM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 10:04 AM   #2
fvdham
Connoisseur
fvdham began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS-T1 / Kobo Glo HD
I have also the same problem with a few e-books. I have looked with the e-book editor but I can't find any difference against books not having this problem.

One section is about 1.3 pages long. When a enlage the reader window to cover the whole page I can scroll to the next section!

Any idea whats going on?
fvdham is offline   Reply With Quote