Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 07-09-2020, 12:38 PM   #1
slquoue
slquoue began at the beginning.

Device: None
Reading two pages at a time

Hi there,

I use the E-book viewer to read full screen, however when I change page it only changes the pages 1 at a time. As I have my books displaying in two columns (pages), this means that I am always reading the right-hand half of the screen. So it changes as follows:

P1 - P2, P2 - P3, P3 - P4, P4 - P5 and so on, when I want it to change:

P1 - P2, P3 - P4, P4 - P5

I hope that makes sense, could somebody let me know if there's a way to change this?
slquoue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 12:49 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
How are you changing pages? Look in the viewer preferences under the scrolling section for options to have various page turn functions turn screenfulls instead of individual pages. And for the rest look in the keyboard shortcuts section of the viewer preferences.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 12:58 PM   #3
slquoue

Thanks for such a quick reply. Sorry, I'm probably being silly but under Page flip/scrolling options I can't see an option for page turn functions. And in Keyboard Shortcuts I'm not sure how to set it to do what I want.
Old 07-09-2020, 01:03 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Are you on calibre 3.x? In current calibre the relevant sections are Scrolling behavior and under keyboard shortcuts look for scroll by screen fulls
Old 07-09-2020, 01:05 PM   #5
slquoue

Sorry my mistake, I'm using an old version- that's why! Thanks for your help.
Old 07-09-2020, 01:13 PM   #6
slquoue

Can I ask another question - is it possible to justify text in these preferences? I prefer this to align left. Thanks.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:20 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Use the styling section of the preferences to sepcify your own style rules.