Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-29-2023, 03:19 AM   #46
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
I got that error message, too.

hopefully an easy fix!
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 04:31 AM   #47
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I suspect it's trying to convert the reading date for books which don't have yet (Want To Read), but it's only a wild guess.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2023, 04:32 AM   #48
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I suspect it's trying to convert the reading date for books which don't have yet (Want To Read), but it's only a wild guess.
I just tested this by removing the unread books from the list. It worked!

Additionally, the prevous issue is resolved in this version - it's listed as Rereading now.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 04:47 AM   #49
Comfy.n
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Question: I had a finished book added to 2021. I started re-reading it, so I changed the percentage to 1%. It didn't appear in rereading, so I added it to 2023.

Now I see it duplicated - there's entries for both 2021 and 2023 but they have separate records and the latter is listed as reading instead of rereading. Is this intended?

This was the testing version prior to 1.0.7.
I did something similar, though the purpose was different. I wanted to add a finished book (date: 2023/08/18) and set it as reread (re-red) today - it's actually a book summary.

The records I've added were:
1) date: 2023/08/18 - RG progress: 100%
2) date: 2023/08/26 - RG progress: 60%
3) date: 2023/08/26 - RG progress: 100%

After adding the second record, it showed up nice as rereading. However, after adding the third record, I couldn't see the re-read (rered) counter change.

As for the 'astimezone' error, I had already noticed that, by adding some date to a "want to read" title, the error wouldn't happen anymore.

Last edited by Comfy.n; 08-29-2023 at 06:54 AM.
Old 08-29-2023, 05:41 AM   #50
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Thank you for this very useful plugin. Currently I am importing not only my TBR list but also my reading history of the last several years into it. I'd like to set a number of books that I never finished to 'Abandoned', but that option is not available for previous years. Is it possible for you to add that feature? (Of course it's easy to recognize those books as they have a progress percentage of less than 100, but it would be better to have them grouped under Abandoned rather than Reading.)
Zetmolm is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2023, 06:46 AM   #51
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Question: I had a finished book added to 2021. I started re-reading it, so I changed the percentage to 1%. It didn't appear in rereading, so I added it to 2023.
Let me explain a couple of things:
1) The current year database is actively updated to always reflect the info on your library, with the exception of 'Abandoned' books, that are not updated
2) Other year's data is kept untouched too, after added
3) The auto update for the current year is triggered by:
- A value change to the reading progress column: this generates a new record, that can be seen under the book on the 'Edit reading goal' dialog, by pressing the 'Show records' button
- Opening the 'Edit reading goal' and 'Statistics' dialogs

That being said, if you add a finished book to 2021, it won't get new updates, if you changes its metadata. That's intentional, since your 2021 goal can't really be changed (it's in the past) after it was finished.

Quote:
Now I see it duplicated - there's entries for both 2021 and 2023 but they have separate records and the latter is listed as reading instead of rereading. Is this intended?

This was the testing version prior to 1.0.7.
1.0.7 fixed a lot of bugs, including the rereading algorithm. If I understand correctly by your other message, the problem is solved, right?

And just to be clear: When you add the book to 2023 goal, it will be listed in both goals (2021 and 2023), sure. It will be under 'Read' on the 2021 goal, and under 'Rereading' in your 2023 goal, with a counter of (1x). As it is right now, the plugin keeps it in this shelf even when you finish rereading.
thiago.eec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 06:51 AM   #52
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I just downloaded the new version and got this error trying to open edit or statistics.

[code]calibre, version 6.25.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'NoneType' object has no attribute 'astimezone'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
I got that error message, too.

hopefully an easy fix!
Quote:
Exactly! Just added another line to test if the date is not empty, before trying to add the timezone info. I'll release the fix in a few moments.
Old 08-29-2023, 07:03 AM   #53
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
I did something similar, though the purpose was different. I wanted to add a finished book (date: 2023/08/18) and set it as reread (re-red) today - it's actually a book summary.

The records I've added were:
1) date: 2023/08/18 - RG progress: 100%
2) date: 2023/08/26 - RG progress: 60%
3) date: 2023/08/26 - RG progress: 100%

After adding the second record, it showed up nice as rereading. However, after adding the third record, I couldn't see the re-read (rered) counter change.
In fact, I haven't taken into account reread books in the same year, but I see I should. To be honest, I have done this too (reading the book more than once within the year). I'll take a look at this.
Old 08-29-2023, 07:04 AM   #54
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmolm View Post
Thank you for this very useful plugin.
You're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmolm View Post
Currently I am importing not only my TBR list but also my reading history of the last several years into it. I'd like to set a number of books that I never finished to 'Abandoned', but that option is not available for previous years. Is it possible for you to add that feature? (Of course it's easy to recognize those books as they have a progress percentage of less than 100, but it would be better to have them grouped under Abandoned rather than Reading.)
Thanks for the input. I'll take a look at this.
Old 08-29-2023, 07:06 AM   #55
Comfy.n

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
In fact, I haven't taken into account reread books in the same year, but I see I should. To be honest, I have done this too (reading the book more than once within the year). I'll take a look at this.
thanks!
Old 08-29-2023, 07:41 AM   #56
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Would you mind if I translate the plugin to Spanish (from Spain) and I send you the translation?
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 07:47 AM   #57
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
Would you mind if I translate the plugin to Spanish (from Spain) and I send you the translation?
Great. Send me and I'll add it to the next release.
Old 08-29-2023, 08:27 AM   #58
Springbok
Enthusiast
Springbok began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I have the same error and the same message showned by ownedbycats with version 1.0.7. Not able to go any further. Previous version 1.0.5 was OK.

Couple of points from me.

I quite liked the total number of books counter shown on title bar. With new versions it disappered. It is a pity.

It seems to me that plugin uses one global db placed in 'Reading_Goal_Data.json'. This may cause problems if deal with multi library environment of calibre. Something to watch out for.

How about adding a button to clean/reset the plugin database? Sometimes it is easier to build the db from scratch rather than figuring out what went wrong.

Looking forward to version 1.0.9.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 08:56 AM   #59
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
I have the same error and the same message showned by ownedbycats with version 1.0.7. Not able to go any further. Previous version 1.0.5 was OK.
It's fixed for the next release.

Quote:
I quite liked the total number of books counter shown on title bar. With new versions it disappered. It is a pity.
Do you mean the counter for each shelf/genre? They are still there. Make sure you are using 1.0.7 (update available directly from calibre plugins dialog).

Quote:
It seems to me that plugin uses one global db placed in 'Reading_Goal_Data.json'. This may cause problems if deal with multi library environment of calibre. Something to watch out for.
I did thought about that, but I thought people would set their goals on a single library. To be honest, I only have a second library for testing, so I don't really know what use cases could need to set goals in different libraries.
Anyway, I'll will take a look at that.

Quote:
How about adding a button to clean/reset the plugin database? Sometimes it is easier to build the db from scratch rather than figuring out what went wrong.
Reseting the database is as easy as deleting the 'Reading_Goal_Data.json' file. But I'll see if I could add an option for that.
Old 08-29-2023, 11:04 AM   #60
autolo
autolo began at the beginning.

Device: Android S5
Just had to say this plugin is exactly what I've wanted. Despite having the same errors as others here, I'm looking forward to really getting into setting this up in my library when these early kinks are worked out.
autolo is offline   Reply With Quote