Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-27-2023, 08:06 PM   #31
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Version 1.0.6 - 27 Aug 2023

- Bug fix for another regression introduced in version 1.0.4 (error for books with no genre column set)
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 08:55 PM   #32
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
That was user error - I was looking for the wrong column name. The new version doesn't error, though!
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2023, 09:02 PM   #33
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New question: I have a few books that I've read several times. For these, I copied the date to a custom taglike column:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-08-27 22_00_57-Window.png
Views:	108
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	203399

I'd like to add the previous dates. However, I can only add 2023 or get an error that it does not match the last read column. Any way around this?

The option to input an entry manually (date and percent read) may work, if it's within scope.

EDIT: Additionally, trying to add this book to 2021 added that year to the statistics dropdown, which made an error because it was empty:

Code:
calibre, version 6.25.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>KeyError</b>:'summary'

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.Reading_Goal.main", line 1863, in update_statistics
  File "calibre_plugins.Reading_Goal.main", line 1664, in reading_goal_statistics
KeyError: 'summary'

Last edited by ownedbycats; 08-27-2023 at 09:14 PM.
Old 08-27-2023, 09:10 PM   #34
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Possible timezone issue: I was adding books from December 2022. The last one was December 31 at 10:18 pm (GMT -4:00), which is 2023 in Greenwich time.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2023-08-27 22_08_02-ERROR_ Invalid year information.png
Views:	76
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	203400  
Old 08-27-2023, 09:43 PM   #35
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I'd like to add the previous dates. However, I can only add 2023 or get an error that it does not match the last read column. Any way around this?
To add books from another year you must first check the option 'Allow adding other year's reading goal'.
Also, when you are adding books to a certain year (let's say 2021), all the selected books must have a 2021 date. So you would need to set the date to 2021, before adding the book to 2021.

Quote:
EDIT: Additionally, trying to add this book to 2021 added that year to the statistics dropdown, which made an error because it was empty:

ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>KeyError</b>:'summary'
I'll check this. I think I know what's going on.
EDIT: Fixed.

Quote:
Possible timezone issue: I was adding books from December 2022. The last one was December 31 at 10:18 pm (GMT -4:00), which is 2023 in Greenwich time.
I'm aware that the date is saved to JSON in Greenwich time, but when the plugins reads it back to a datetime object, the date should be again in your timezone. I'll have to investigate this.

Last edited by thiago.eec; 08-27-2023 at 10:08 PM.
Advert
Old 08-27-2023, 10:27 PM   #36
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
Just tested here and could not reproduce. I set the date as 12/31/2022 at 11:09 pm (GMT -3). Then, added to 2022 goal with no problems.
But I did noticed that this book appears on the 'Edit goal dialog' as 01/01/2023, even though it is grouped with 2022 books. This might be some problem converting a datetime object to a QDate object (Qt date object).
I'll check this soon.

EDIT.: There is something going on. First I could add, now I can't.

P.S.: Attached is a test version correcting the empty year created when adding a book fails.

Last edited by thiago.eec; 08-28-2023 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Removed test version. Fixed.
Old 08-27-2023, 11:35 PM   #37
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
To add books from another year you must first check the option 'Allow adding other year's reading goal'.
Also, when you are adding books to a certain year (let's say 2021), all the selected books must have a 2021 date. So you would need to set the date to 2021, before adding the book to 2021.
Yes, I have the 'allow adding other year's goal' enabled. I think perhaps an option to manually add a record (date and percent-read) could help without needing to change the columns valuse.
Old 08-28-2023, 01:41 AM   #38
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Is this on another year goal (not 2023)? Prior to 1.0.5 there was a bug in adding books from other years, as they were being merged with the current year database, if it was already set. This was fixed in the last release.
If you could send me your 'Reading_Goal_Data.json' I could take a look.
Not that I know, really, but I'll PM you the database, thank you.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 01:58 AM   #39
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Just tested here and could not reproduce. I set the date as 12/31/2022 at 11:09 pm (GMT -3). Then, added to 2022 goal with no problems.
But I did noticed that this book appears on the 'Edit goal dialog' as 01/01/2023, even though it is grouped with 2022 books. This might be some problem converting a datetime object to a QDate object (Qt date object).
I'll check this soon.

EDIT.: There is something going on. First I could add, now I can't.

P.S.: Attached is a test version correcting the empty year created when adding a book fails.
Yes, I think there is some problem with dates. If you look at the picture, you'll see that "All night long" apppears in calibre database as 16/02 but as 15/02 in the statistics.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot3.png
Views:	90
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	203404  
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 05:58 AM   #40
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
This fixed it.
Old 08-28-2023, 08:30 PM   #41
OregaNooo
OregaNooo began at the beginning.

Device: PW5
This looks like a neat idea, I'm testing it out! Though I have a few questions:

I'm a bit slow, so I wanted to make sure I understood how it works

Reading progress setting:
  • I created a #gr_percentage column for goodreads sync (with percentage value), so I just used this (since progress is shown in percentages in ereader).
  • I guess this doesn't sync to goodreads, or your ereader, and it has to be entered manually?

Status date (date) config setting: what does this correlate to? It looks like goodreads has start date, and end date (for each time reading a book), are there other statuses?

Page count: integers - How is this different than progress? Is this total page count of the book?

Genre: I haven't figured how I want this set up, so I'm not really sure what to ask yet. Previously I created a column to enter genre manually like so Fiction.Mystery, Fiction.Fantasy, Fiction.Mystery.Cozy But I guess now I can grab them as metadata via GR sync or other sources. I'm avoiding using the Tags column because all kind of muck can end up there. I'm not sure how to approach it yet.

I'm syncing with both Goodreads and Library Thing. I'm testing both out, not sure if I will stick with one or both. I have four plugins right now syncing calibre between the two sites: Goodreads, goodreads sync, and now reading goal, as well as LibraryThing Match plugin, and that could get a little messy if I'm not careful.
OregaNooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 11:56 PM   #42
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregaNooo View Post
I guess this doesn't sync to goodreads, or your ereader, and it has to be entered manually?
The plugin itself does no syncing, but if you use another plugin that does (like Goodreads Sync), then all the info this plugins needs, will be already available. You just have to set your goal.

Quote:
Status date (date) config setting: what does this correlate to? It looks like goodreads has start date, and end date (for each time reading a book), are there other statuses?
That's the date of your last reading, when you reached the current reading progress.

Quote:
Page count: integers - How is this different than progress? Is this total page count of the book?
Yes. The total page count of the book. Count Pages plugin can give this info. I don't know if Goodreads Sync does.

Quote:
I'm syncing with both Goodreads and Library Thing. I'm testing both out, not sure if I will stick with one or both. I have four plugins right now syncing calibre between the two sites: Goodreads, goodreads sync, and now reading goal, as well as LibraryThing Match plugin, and that could get a little messy if I'm not careful.
Like I said, this plugin does no syncing and does not modify calibre database. So, you are safe. It has its own database, filled with data collected from calibre custom columns. This allows it to generate graphics and keep record of you readings.
Old 08-29-2023, 12:28 AM   #43
thiago.eec
Guru

Version 1.0.7 - 29 Aug 2023

Bug fixes:
  • Fixed the timezone issue, that could cause wrong dates because of the UTC offset
  • Fixed the algorithm to detect rereads, so the adding order won't matter
  • Fixed the error thrown when no Genre column was set
  • Fix for empty entries being left behind and causing errors
  • Fixed an error when adding books to other years: the current year's books were also being added in the process, leading to many duplicates
  • Fix for the Auto Fill function, causing the first book added being deleted
  • Removed future years from the statistics dialog, since they don't have any statistics
  • Other small bug fixes

New features:
  • The 'Remove from goal' button (on the Edit Reading goal dialog) now is accessible for other years. Up until now, there was no option to remove books from other years.

This is a release focused on fixing bugs. I hope there aren't many bugs left. Next, I'll try adding the requested features. Here they are, in no specific order:
  • Add books to a specific past date
  • Add a 'Mark selected books' in the 'Edit reading goal' dialog, like the FTS dialog
  • Add custom challenges
  • Add genre graphic
Old 08-29-2023, 02:57 AM   #44
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Question: I had a finished book added to 2021. I started re-reading it, so I changed the percentage to 1%. It didn't appear in rereading, so I added it to 2023.

Now I see it duplicated - there's entries for both 2021 and 2023 but they have separate records and the latter is listed as reading instead of rereading. Is this intended?

This was the testing version prior to 1.0.7.
Old 08-29-2023, 03:05 AM   #45
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I just downloaded the new version and got this error trying to open edit or statistics.

Code:
calibre, version 6.25.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'NoneType' object has no attribute 'astimezone'

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.Reading_Goal.main", line 182, in manage_reading_goal
  File "calibre_plugins.Reading_Goal.main", line 741, in update_database
  File "calibre_plugins.Reading_Goal.main", line 320, in add_to_goal
  File "calibre_plugins.Reading_Goal.main", line 549, in get_book_info
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'astimezone'