Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-25-2023, 06:32 AM   #16
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
Maybe request @kovidgoyal for a specific marker in Ebook Viewer: "Reading Break"

edit: maybe "Reading Pause" sounds better
If it was available from the GUI, then the plugin could read it.
thiago.eec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 06:38 AM   #17
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggo View Post
Not entirely right. My history books with the different eras and subdivisions are grouped quite well by this.
Bonus would be a chart similar to StoryGraph.
I meant to have the tags in a column and use it to sort (clicking on the header) in the 'Edit reading goal' dialog.
Also, I'm planning to add some custom views, using your idea of a tag view, and @Lys' idea to create custom challenges.
About the Genre chart... it would be nice, indeed. I'll take a look.

Last edited by thiago.eec; 08-25-2023 at 06:49 AM.
Advert
Old 08-25-2023, 06:45 AM   #18
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Thank you for the plugin, I'm using it and, at this moment (I change my mind a lot), I find it very useful.
You're welcome. I'm glad you liked it.

Quote:
I've got a doubt, however. I reread a lot, and based on the reread, I change in my main library the number of readings and the reading date. If I have a book included, for example, in my 2022 goal, and I reread at 2023 and include it in my 2023 goal, will it disappear from my 2022 goal?
No, each year is treated separately. The book would be on both years, and taken into account in each year's statistics.
Old 08-25-2023, 08:48 AM   #19
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
No, each year is treated separately. The book would be on both years, and taken into account in each year's statistics.
Thank you very much!
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 01:50 PM   #20
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
I meant to have the tags in a column and use it to sort (clicking on the header) in the 'Edit reading goal' dialog.
Also, I'm planning to add some custom views, using your idea of a tag view, and @Lys' idea to create custom challenges.
About the Genre chart... it would be nice, indeed. I'll take a look.
Whatever you decide, I like your PI already, even if I can't use it yet.

Edit: but sorting by tags would still be useful, at least for me

Last edited by Wiggo; 08-25-2023 at 02:02 PM.
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2023, 12:56 AM   #21
Springbok
Enthusiast
Springbok began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I like it - nice tool. Since I already had all the required columns I could start using the plug-in straight away.

Somehow I never end up reading the same list of books as planned in January. And I guess this tool will help me to maintain the list.

I have one suggestion to make though. I don't know how hard is to implement it but I would like to see a second view in the statistics - based on read genres instead of months.
The graphical view of months statistics is very nice and helpful. Previously I tried to do the same thing in excell outside of calibre but that required quite a bit of manual work.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 09:57 AM   #22
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
I like it - nice tool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
I have one suggestion to make though. I don't know how hard is to implement it but I would like to see a second view in the statistics - based on read genres instead of months.
This was already suggested by @Wiggo and I plan to add it soon.
For now, I've already add a Genre view for the Edit Metadata Dialog. I'll post it in a few minutes.
Old 08-27-2023, 10:34 AM   #23
thiago.eec
Guru

Version 1.0.4 - 27 Aug 2023

- Added a 'Genre view' option for the 'Edit reading goal' dialog
- Added a 'Year' dropdown menu for the 'Edit reading goal' dialog, so you can view details of your past goals
- Added a 'Rereading' shelf: books already read in past goals will be displayed here, with a counter for rereadings - e.g.: 'Lord of the flies (2x)'
- Added a Schema Version property to the database, so we can manage breaking changes
- Bug fixes
Old 08-27-2023, 10:40 AM   #24
thiago.eec
Guru

Next features to be implemented in the next few days:

- Genre statistics graphic: the ones with most readings, since the space is limited, and group the rest
- Custom challenges, beside the Annual Reading Goal
Old 08-27-2023, 10:46 AM   #25
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
Well, it would be fairly easy to add the option to check only a yes/no column, instead of your reading progress.
After looking into it... I'm sorry but the reading progress is used in too many places, and changing this would be a lot of work, risking to break many things.
Old 08-27-2023, 02:27 PM   #26
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
First of all, thank you for the changes, I like them!

I've installed the last version (1.0.5) and I'm getting this error both for Edit Goal and Statistics:

Spoiler:
calibre, version 6.25.0
ERROR: Excepción no considerada: <b>TypeError</b>:'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

calibre 6.25 embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19041-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19041')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19041', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: es
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeACSM (0, 0, 16) && Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (2, 3, 0) && DeDRM (10, 0, 3) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (2, 3, 0) && Action Chains (1, 18, 12) && Annotations (1, 17, 13) && Barnes & Noble (1, 5, 2) && Clean Comments (0, 2, 1) && Comments Cleaner (1, 10, 0) && Count Pages (2, 11, 2) && Diaps Editing Toolbag (0, 4, 0) && Edit Columns (0, 1, 0) && Editor Chains (0, 8, 8) && EpubMerge (2, 16, 0) && EpubSplit (3, 6, 0) && Ex Libris (1, 1, 20) && Extract ISBN (1, 6, 0) && Extract ToCs (1, 0, 0) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 6, 4) && Favourites Menu (1, 3, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 10, 8) && Generate Cover (2, 3, 2) && GetFileName (0, 2, 0) && Goodreads (1, 7, 9) && Goodreads Sync (1, 16, 3) && GoodreadsAuthor (0, 0, 2) && Hyphenate This! (0, 1, 3) && Import List (1, 9, 1) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (2, 3, 0) && KFX Input (2, 3, 0) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 83, 1) && Kobo Books (1, 9, 2) && Kobo Utilities (2, 16, 10) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 6, 5) && Last Modified (0, 8, 4) && Modify ePub (1, 8, 1) && My Tools (0, 2, 1) && Obok DeDRM (10, 0, 3) && OverDrive Libby (0, 1, 7) && Overdrive Link (2, 56, 0) && Owned Books Goodreads (0, 1, 0) && Quality Check (1, 13, 6) && Reading Goal (1, 0, 5) && Reading List (1, 15, 1) && Save Composite Custom Columns (1, 1, 1) && Search The Internet (1, 10, 1) && SmartEject (2, 5, 0) && Smashwords Metadata (1, 0, 2) && Tanja's Tools (0, 1, 0) && User Category (1, 6, 0) && View Manager (1, 10, 2) && Vimstyle (0, 0, 3) && Overdrive Link Metadata Source (2, 56, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.Reading_Goal.main", line 181, in manage_reading_goal
File "calibre_plugins.Reading_Goal.main", line 713, in update_database
File "calibre_plugins.Reading_Goal.main", line 296, in add_to_goal
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

It happens because I haven't chosen the "Genre" column, once I select it, it works. BTW, which is the meaning of the colors? (See picture attached)

Edit: Understood in the second view (See the other picture attached) but I think there is something strange and some books are appearing as rereading when I haven't read them before (After poking a bit, I think "Read books" are books which have gone into the goal as "Want to read" and later they have gone to "Read" and "Rereading books" are those which have gone in the list directly as "Read").

Thank you again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.png
Views:	111
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	203394   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot2.png
Views:	106
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	203395  

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 08-27-2023 at 02:38 PM.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 06:18 PM   #27
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I got an error.

Code:
calibre, version 6.25.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

calibre 6.25*  embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19045-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19045')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19045', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: ...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.Reading_Goal.main", line 232, in manage_reading_goal
  File "calibre_plugins.Reading_Goal.main", line 315, in add_to_goal
  File "calibre_plugins.Reading_Goal.main", line 527, in get_book_info
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable
Settings:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-08-27 19_13_28-Options.png
Views:	105
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	203397

#percentread has a custom format of {0}%. I'm mentioning this as I vaguely recall it causing a similar issue before.

Additionally, I notice that genres doesn't support composite columns.If that's able to implement it would be nice.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 08-27-2023 at 06:21 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 07:25 PM   #28
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
First of all, thank you for the changes, I like them!
Glad you liked it!

Quote:
I've installed the last version (1.0.5) and I'm getting this error both for Edit Goal and Statistics:

It happens because I haven't chosen the "Genre" column, once I select it, it works.
Right on spot ... I forgot to test if the column was set. The code is fixed now.

Quote:
Edit: Understood in the second view (See the other picture attached) but I think there is something strange and some books are appearing as rereading when I haven't read them before (After poking a bit, I think "Read books" are books which have gone into the goal as "Want to read" and later they have gone to "Read" and "Rereading books" are those which have gone in the list directly as "Read").
Is this on another year goal (not 2023)? Prior to 1.0.5 there was a bug in adding books from other years, as they were being merged with the current year database, if it was already set. This was fixed in the last release.
If you could send me your 'Reading_Goal_Data.json' I could take a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I got an error.

ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:'NoneType' object is not subscriptable
This would be the same error reported by @Terisa. It just triggered on another line of the code. It is caused by the Genre column not being set.
Anyway, it's already fixed and I'll post the new version in a few moments.

Quote:
#percentread has a custom format of {0}%. I'm mentioning this as I vaguely recall it causing a similar issue before.
This wouldn't cause any problem. The plugin saves only the raw data (no formatting).

Quote:
Additionally, I notice that genres doesn't support composite columns.If that's able to implement it would be nice.
That's weird. I'm using a composite column here and it works.
Do you mean that the composite column does not show you on the combobox (config dialog) or it is listed but then fails to get the genres?

Last edited by thiago.eec; 08-27-2023 at 07:29 PM.
Old 08-27-2023, 07:54 PM   #29
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
It's not appearing in the dropdown. It's a composite taglike, if that mattrs.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 08:06 PM   #30
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
It's not appearing in the dropdown. It's a composite taglike, if that mattrs.
Could you please post a picture of the Custom Column config dialog (the one from calibre)?
I'll try to replicate it here, because I've already created four different type of composite columns here and they all worked.

Last edited by thiago.eec; 08-27-2023 at 08:08 PM.