Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-17-2023, 02:46 PM   #61
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
Thank you so much again, @obc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post

Increment #timesread:

Code:
program: $$#timesread + 1
Add dates to #readdates:

Code:
program:
	list_union(strcat(format_date($$#lastread, 'MMM d yyyy')), $#readdates, ',')
The other SFEs are either predefined or ask-on-runtime.
I only took what I need, incrementing #read_count and adding #readdates, but your "Mark as DNF" entry in Action Chains is still in there in the menu though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	D23icSWZoT.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	203837 Click image for larger version

Name:	yANJ6lSGy8.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	203838 Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre_OpwQ6Tc276.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	203839
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 06:59 PM   #62
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggo View Post
I only took what I need, incrementing #read_count and adding #readdates, but your "Mark as DNF" entry in Action Chains is still in there in the menu though.
Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-09-17 19_59_11-Chains Dialog.png
Views:	108
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	203846

Last edited by ownedbycats; 09-17-2023 at 07:02 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2023, 10:41 PM   #63
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I no longer had this entry, so I redid the chain
Old 09-23-2023, 08:36 AM   #64
culytera
Zealot
culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Is it possible to partition a category (that is a column built from other columns formatted into a date) in the tag browser by year then by month then by day?
culytera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 08:41 AM   #65
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by culytera View Post
Is it possible to partition a category (that is a column built from other columns formatted into a date) in the tag browser by year then by month then by day?
See this post in this thread. This post describes a fast template function to format dates. Be sure to set the column to be hierarchical in Preferences / Look & feel / Tag browser
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2023, 10:07 AM   #66
culytera
Zealot
culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
See this post in this thread. This post describes a fast template function to format dates. Be sure to set the column to be hierarchical in Preferences / Look & feel / Tag browser
Thank you! Works exactly like I wanted.
culytera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 12:28 PM   #67
applegaa
Connoisseur
applegaa began at the beginning.

Device: none
Is it possible to set different default values for the same custom column in different libraries?
applegaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 12:40 PM   #68
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by applegaa View Post
Is it possible to set different default values for the same custom column in different libraries?
I haven't tested different default values in different libraries neither with built-in Calibre settings nor with Job Spy "Apply default values" feature, but I'd guess this is possible...
Comfy.n is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 01:24 PM   #69
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by applegaa View Post
Yes. Custom column definitions are library-specific, so all the defaults are per-library. Changing a default in one library has no effect on other libraries.
Old 09-25-2023, 03:56 PM   #70
applegaa
Connoisseur
applegaa began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Yes. Custom column definitions are library-specific, so all the defaults are per-library. Changing a default in one library has no effect on other libraries.
Thanks!!!
applegaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 10:50 AM   #71
Wiggo
Leftutti

Calibre tweaks

Could someone please help me here. I would like to split the authors also at ";".
Code:
 '(?i),?\\s+(and|with|und|mit|•|;)\\s+'
Doesn't work. To be more precise, nothing works in the regex testers
Old 10-01-2023, 11:52 AM   #72
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggo View Post
Calibre tweaks

Could someone please help me here. I would like to split the authors also at ";".
Code:
 '(?i),?\\s+(and|with|und|mit|•|;)\\s+'
Doesn't work. To be more precise, nothing works in the regex testers
The problem is that the regex requires a space before and after the split indicator. My guess is that in the metadata there is a space after the semicolon but not before.

Try this:
Code:
authors_split_regex = '(?i),?(\\s+(and|with|und|mit|)\\s+|(;|•))'
It still requires spaces before and after the words but doesn't require spaces before or after the semicolon or the •.
Old 10-01-2023, 12:05 PM   #73
Wiggo
Leftutti

Quote:
The problem is that the regex requires a space before and after the split indicator. My guess is that in the metadata there is a space after the semicolon but not before.

Try this:
Code:
authors_split_regex = '(?i),?(\\s+(and|with|und|mit|)\\s+|(;|•))'
It still requires spaces before and after the words but doesn't require spaces before or after the semicolon or the •.
Old 10-11-2023, 06:55 AM   #74
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Question: In #admintags, I have several readinggoal:xxxx entries (where xx is the year). How would I search for books that contain at least two of these?
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 08:10 AM   #75
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Question: In #admintags, I have several readinggoal:xxxx entries (where xx is the year). How would I search for books that contain at least two of these?
Isn't this a template question?

Examples:
Code:
program:
	list_count(list_re($#mytextmult, ',', 'aaa:', ''), ',') > 1
Code:
python:
def evaluate(book, context):
	lst = list(i for i in book.get('#mytextmult', '') if i.startswith('aaa:'))
	return '1' if len(lst) > 1 else ''