Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-04-2022, 02:26 AM   #256
mapozyan
Connoisseur
mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: android
Thanks!

> 1. Does the plugin need to reindex when migrating from 5.38.x to 5.99.x? I had a library in 5.38.x but the plugin seems to reindex everything.
No, it shouldn't. Maybe you modified some settings alongside with migration to 5.99?
> 2. Where are the elastic search indices stored?
By default its stored in "data" directory that you can find in elasticsearch installation directory.
mapozyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 11:23 PM   #257
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
just curious: Are there any plans to update this for Calibre 6.x?

I'd think that the built-in full-text search kind of deprecates the need for it in the first place, so understandable if not.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2022, 05:46 AM   #258
mapozyan
Connoisseur
mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.

Hi,

I didn't check yet but I believe that the "beta" 2.2.0 version of plugin will be compatible with Calibre 6.x with minimal or no changes. So yes - I will give it a try in these couple of days.
Old 07-15-2022, 12:27 PM   #259
mapozyan
Connoisseur

Tested version 2.2.0 of plugin in Calibre 6 - it worked normally. So attaching 2.2.0 as a release version.
Old 08-29-2022, 02:46 PM   #260
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Where do I find the pdftotext program? There are a couple of them on Google but I am not sure if the program is for a specific one.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2022, 03:06 PM   #261
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
when I used Power Search, I used the one from https://www.xpdfreader.com/pdftotext-man.html
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 03:36 PM   #262
Rellwood
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yup. That's the one I downloaded. I haven't gotten to installing it yet, but I am glad it's the one I used. It seems helpful for more than just Calibre. I am looking forward to comaparing .pdf documents against each other now.
Old 08-29-2022, 04:27 PM   #263
Rellwood

Ok, I think something is wrong. I enterd the expftotext.exe in the search field for configuration, and now everytime I index a .pdf the program opens in the background and loads the file, causing an error from xpdf saying that it can't access a file in the temp folder and it gives whatever file Calibre has called it in the temp folder. You know those random character titled files that Calibre creates in the temp folder. I am not sure if this is supposed to be happening. I have the file path lead directly to the .exe file - not the folder.
Old 08-30-2022, 01:37 AM   #264
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
Ok, I think something is wrong. I enterd the expftotext.exe in the search field for configuration, and now everytime I index a .pdf the program opens in the background and loads the file, causing an error from xpdf saying that it can't access a file in the temp folder and it gives whatever file Calibre has called it in the temp folder. You know those random character titled files that Calibre creates in the temp folder. I am not sure if this is supposed to be happening. I have the file path lead directly to the .exe file - not the folder.
You want the pdftotext.exe not xpdf<anything>.exe or expdf<anything>.exe. Did you download the Xpdf Command Line Tools for Windows? You should find pdftotext.exe you will need to use the bin64 directory inside the .zip file.

Last edited by DNSB; 08-30-2022 at 01:41 AM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 10:56 AM   #265
partnoonein
partnoonein began at the beginning.

Device: none
deleting the post.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	err.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	206984  

Last edited by partnoonein; 03-20-2024 at 07:01 AM. Reason: was able to fix by reinstalling elastic search
partnoonein is offline   Reply With Quote