Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-01-2017, 04:22 PM   #1
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Onyx pls stop working on Android 4 and single core

This is why Onyx should move on and release multicore device with more RAM and move from Android 4:
https://youtu.be/HPFAqQvnD_c?t=2m45s

It's insane Onyx wants to release 10.3" reader with single core and Android 4.0 in 2017.

Kudos to user "bigshed" for discovering this video:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=170

Last edited by fgdas; 06-01-2017 at 04:25 PM.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 08:24 AM   #2
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
This is why Onyx should move on and release multicore device with more RAM and move from Android 4:
https://youtu.be/HPFAqQvnD_c?t=2m45s

It's insane Onyx wants to release 10.3" reader with single core and Android 4.0 in 2017.
That is a very impressive video. It really shows the difference that the new hardware makes in the new 13.3" Sony.

Hopefully, Onyx will take note and make some similar changes to their products. It would be nice to have that speed on a device which is capable of handling more than just PDF files...
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2017, 06:20 PM   #3
pickyaxe
Addict
pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Man, this really makes me want to splurge and get a DPT-RP1. That device is stunning, right down to the performance and the physical design (that color! that bezel!). Maybe next year.

Last edited by pickyaxe; 06-03-2017 at 06:22 PM.
pickyaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 01:59 PM   #4
foror
foror began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
I will not buy 10.3 if it is released with single core and 4.x android
foror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 12:36 AM   #5
YasBean
Enthusiast
YasBean doesn't litterYasBean doesn't litter

Device: Sony RP1
Well, here is what I learned at CompuTex last week.
YasBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2017, 06:00 AM   #6
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
Originally Posted by YasBean View Post
Well, here is what I learned at CompuTex last week.
EU partner confirmed here while ago that MAX 2 with quad core and newer Android should arrive this summer 2017.
I'm just sceptical after 3 years Onyx promising to deliver Android 4.4 update. Not only devices are still being shipped with Android 4.0 but Onyx wants to release completely new 10.3" with 4.0. This is nuts.

Onyx should open their software if they want to compete.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 06:00 PM   #7
franzli
Addict
franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
Quote:

Onyx should open their software if they want to compete.
Agreed! It would massively increase my interest if there'd be at least a chance for some newer custom ROMs - I guess they'd run prey slow on a single core device, but hell, purple even started porting KitKat to the nook simple touch with its 256mb RAM... (Development seems to have stalled now, but still...)
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote