Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-10-2017, 11:30 PM   #76
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@nqk I'll take a look at the margin issue on my phone (it works with a desktop browser for me).

footnote popups are not yet implemented and you can always go back by using the back button in the browser.

I doubt web view will ever work it is fairly obsolete.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:30 PM   #77
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It seems like the portable hang on startup problem is resolved with the newer beta builds for BR and nqk, leaving only sweetpea.

@sweetpea have you tried the newer builds?
Advert
Old 05-10-2017, 11:33 PM   #78
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I'm seeing some odd looking Date and Published values
when I changed the Control how dates are displayed tweak from the default values:

gui_pubdate_display_format = 'MMM yyyy'
gui_timestamp_display_format = 'dd MMM yyyy'
gui_last_modified_display_format = 'dd MMM yyyy'

to match the settings I normally use

gui_pubdate_display_format = 'yyyy-MM-dd'
gui_timestamp_display_format = 'yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss'
gui_last_modified_display_format = 'yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss'

the dates were correctly displayed

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:37 PM   #79
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@BR The server does nothing to inhibit backspace that's up to the browser. At elast on my linux system pressing backspace repeatedly in chrome on any webpage causes a popup to show saying use Alt+Left arrow.
The book dates are correct, they are just formatted strangely as M<number> instead of month name.
The code asks the browser to format the date using the local conventions. For some reason on your system the local convention is to use M<number> instead of month names. I have no idea why that might be -- I'll have to do some googling to find out.
As for ids, the book details panel uses thirdparty metadata download plugins to convert things like barnesandnoble ids into links. The server has no access to these. It might be possible to fix that, I'll have to look into it.

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 05-10-2017 at 11:46 PM.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:39 PM   #80
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@BR: sorry I was wrong about the dates. The server code tries to format them to match the tweak settings. Probably a bug in that code. I'll look into it.
Advert
Old 05-10-2017, 11:42 PM   #81
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@PandathePanda: that looks like something is deleting files from the /tmp directory out from under calibre.
Also the server should not be using /tmp for this at all. Normally it uses ~/.cache
Have you set either of XDG_CACHE_DIR or CALIBRE_CACHE_DIRECTORY envirnment variables?

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 05-10-2017 at 11:45 PM.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:47 PM   #82
PandathePanda
a toy panda
PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Android dvices
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@PandathePanda: that looks like something is deleting files from the /tmp directory out from under calibre.

Also the server should not be using /tmp for this at all. Normally it uses ~/.cache

Have you set either of XDH_CACHE_DIR or CALIBRE_CACHE_DIRECTORY envirnment variables?
Nope, haven't touched environmental variables
PandathePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 12:08 AM   #83
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@BR Generally speaking middle clicking/open in a new tab will not work because the new user interface is a javascript single page application. However, some things like clicking on author names to perform new searches could probably be made to work, I'll look into it.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:10 AM   #84
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@Pandathepanda: Try setting the CALIBRE_TEMP_DIR environment variable to something outside /tmp that should fix the problem.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:13 AM   #85
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
@Terisa I cant see anything that has changed in the beta that could affect the KoboUtilities plugin, but it is hard for me to test as I dont have a Kobo -- perhaps davidfor can comment?
I hope so, I've post the comment with that idea in mind.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 12:18 AM   #86
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
@BR: sorry I was wrong about the dates. The server code tries to format them to match the tweak settings. Probably a bug in that code. I'll look into it.
In case its relevant my Windows settings for dates are attached, they are not AU defaults - most folks down here seem to like dd-mmm-yy ಠ_ಠ

I don't really care about the IDs.

Some of the 'oddities', such as book size being clickable, are also in version 2.84.

Just goes to show how much actual browsing I do in chrome, I mainly leap into it for single pages but I don't click into other pages much. I quite like Edge as secondary real browser.

BR

F... it Mark Colvin died
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	datetime.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	156645  
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 12:38 AM   #87
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Date formatting should be fixed by this: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...130092be83b71b
Old 05-11-2017, 12:58 AM   #88
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@DivingDuck: This should fix the library buttons not wrapping. https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...35169a56e2a515

I'll look into the issues with restricting the libraries.
Old 05-11-2017, 01:03 AM   #89
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
@theducks: I cannot reproduce on my W10 machine. Pressing v launches the viewer as it has always done. Have you changed the keyboard shortcuts?
This was a Vanilla install of portable.
Depending on the selected field.
Tapping V would enter field edit (seemed to be text fields) or work as expected (date, series). I changed the doubleclick preference and it works (my V2 regular Calibre was set that way)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 01:09 AM   #90
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@theducks: By default when you click ona field ina row that is already selected the field is opened for editing. I think it was the click that was causing the field to open, not pressing v. That behavior has always been the case in calibre.