Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-09-2017, 08:11 PM   #1
jimtorr
jimtorr began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Gen 3
Blank books after upgrade to 3.3

I just upgraded to Calibre 3.3. I use an Apple iPad, reading books on iBooks. Have been using Calibre to download books to tablet for years, very happy.

After I upgraded to 3.3 today, I downloaded several books to iPad, and moved them to iBooks. Cover is present in app, but I get only a blank screen when I open the books.

The ebooks that were already in iBooks are the same. Covers, but blank content.
jimtorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 10:16 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If books already in iBooks are showing up blank, then I dont see how it could possibly have anything to do with calibre. Sounds like the problem is in iBooks.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2017, 10:49 PM   #3
jimtorr
jimtorr began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Gen 3
I found the problem. One of the ebooks in my library has a bug, I guess, that is sabotaging iBooks. When I restart iBooks and open any other book, text is there, no problems. Once I open the bad book, that one and all others are blank, until I once again restart iBook.

Bug, virus, whatever......I'll discard that book file the old-fashioned way, remove the file from the library folder.
jimtorr is offline   Reply With Quote