Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-03-2017, 05:32 PM   #2491
erehwon
erehwon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 7
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Did you get that install file out of the archive listed here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030
stupid me

I took an older version of the archive

Quote:
Because it looks to me as if it is packaged to include your model
True...

was confused by version number and thought files were the same...

Last edited by erehwon; 05-03-2017 at 05:44 PM.
erehwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 05:41 PM   #2492
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
I can't find where I linked to the page you mentioned.

I did remove the spoiler from the content of the "Release Policy" section of the JB directions.
In the hopes that will make it a bit more obvious, you are not the first that got an 'old build' of something.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2017, 07:01 PM   #2493
theodo
theodo began at the beginning.

Device: 2x pw1, 2x pw2
Hi
I have here 2 PW1-devices (B024) on FW 5.3.4 which are Jailbroken, updated to 1.14, with Pyton 0.14N and Linkss 0.24N...
I'm in cover mode; on the first device everything works; on the second I got always the cover of one book; I deleted the book and the cover in the screensaver Folder...now I get "...haven't yet successfully processed a book".

What could that be? I already deinstalled linkss and deleted manually the coresponding Folders and reinstalled, but no Change...
could there be something wrong with the firmware? should I reflash it?

Thanks for any hint.
theodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 07:10 PM   #2494
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What is the differences between the two devices?
I mean, other than one works and the other does not.
Does one of them have Special Offers?
Anything else different?

Any reason for using the very old 5.3.4 rather than the current 5.6.1.1?
Old 05-06-2017, 05:26 AM   #2495
theodo

Quote:
What is the differences between the two devices?
Does one of them have Special Offers?
Anything else different?

Any reason for using the very old 5.3.4 rather than the current 5.6.1.1?
no, that are regular devices; no difference I can think of; of course they have different books on them; on both also Collection Manager is running...

well, no Special reason to use 5.3.4 except: it worked as wanted and of course laziness

do you think it's worth to give 5.6.1.1 a try?
just Flash and reinstall python, linkss, colection Manager, right?

Thanks
Advert
Old 05-06-2017, 09:12 AM   #2496
knc1
Going Viral

Well, since you haven't given a complete list of that all is installed, I can't confirm if the ones you list are the only things you will need to re-install.

Follow the general rule:
If, after the update, anything seems to be broken, re-install it.
Old 05-06-2017, 06:38 PM   #2497
theodo

ok, so I moved to 5.4.4.2 (didn't want the extra complication with the newer FW concerning package Installation etc); reinstalled, just in case, JB 1.14N, Pyton 0.14N and Linkss 0.24N...

...same result : after the first reboot a single cover is shown for all books;
what I have also observed is that after reboots (e.g. after Installation/Deinstallation) the clock is always wrong;
by the way, if linkss is deinstalled, the Standard Screen safers work;
Old 05-06-2017, 09:50 PM   #2498
knc1
Going Viral

As you probably already read in the troubleshooting section, the date/time needs to be correctly set.
So set it.

- - - -

Your info block says: "Kindle 2" -
How did you get the series 5.x firmware for a touchscreen device to run on a keyboard device?
Old 05-07-2017, 12:35 PM   #2499
theodo

Quote:
As you probably already read in the troubleshooting section, the date/time needs to be correctly set.
So set it.

- - - -

Your info block says: "Kindle 2" -
I set the time every time, although I don't understand what relevance it has for the creation of Picture files fom book covers...I'm always in flight mode and do not use the cloud.

the signature is obsolete... we have 2 PW1 and 2 PW2 ...

can it be that there is some Kind of file System error which prevents linkss to create more than the first cover?
Old 05-08-2017, 12:55 AM   #2500
feelmaroon
Connoisseur
feelmaroon began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kindle 4, PW2, Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Aura One
evening. back again. i accidentally left my wifi on and my kindle oasis updated to 5.8.9 and the screensaver hack is gone. I tried to reinstall the Update_linkss_0.24.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_kt 3 file and the Update_python_0.14.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_kt 3 file but neither i could get the "Update Your Kindle" to not be greyed out. I also tried the KUAL app but it wouldn't open and says "The selected application could nto be started. Please try again" ...Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
feelmaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 01:12 AM   #2501
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelmaroon View Post
evening. back again. i accidentally left my wifi on and my kindle oasis updated to 5.8.9 and the screensaver hack is gone. I tried to reinstall the Update_linkss_0.24.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_kt 3 file and the Update_python_0.14.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_kt 3 file but neither i could get the "Update Your Kindle" to not be greyed out. I also tried the KUAL app but it wouldn't open and says "The selected application could nto be started. Please try again" ...Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
First thing to try:
Hold the power button down for about 20 seconds (or more) until you get a pop-up panel asking if you want a restart (reboot) or just to turn off the screen.
Select restart.
Let re-boot and watch the screen -
You should get a "Bridge+" message on the screen for a short time.

That will be the bridge code auto-reinstalling the keys (jailbreak and developer) along with a few other things.

That **should** fix the problem.

Then you will have to re-install anything that installs from an: update_*.bin file.
And you must use MrPI to install those things.

MrPI is a 'batch mode' installer.
Put all of the update_*.bin packages into /mrpackages at the same time, then trigger MrPI.

Since KUAL will not run - -
Try using the search bar command:
;log mrpi
The ';' is part of the command.

Keep track of what you do and what the results are at each of the things you try to do.
Post back with your results.

DO NOT
touch the 'reset' selection, never, ever!

Last edited by knc1; 05-08-2017 at 01:16 AM.
Old 05-08-2017, 01:23 AM   #2502
feelmaroon
Connoisseur
feelmaroon began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kindle 4, PW2, Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Aura One
Resolved with the great walkthroughs...Went back and reinstalled the KUAL booklet and then placed the linkss 0.24.N install and the python 0.14N install files into the mrpackages folder and used ;log mrpi command. Fixed.

**knc1...crap, didn't see your post until just now. did i screw up the way i did it?

Last edited by feelmaroon; 05-08-2017 at 01:30 AM.
feelmaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:55 AM   #2503
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelmaroon View Post
Resolved with the great walkthroughs...Went back and reinstalled the KUAL booklet and then placed the linkss 0.24.N install and the python 0.14N install files into the mrpackages folder and used ;log mrpi command. Fixed.

**knc1...crap, didn't see your post until just now. did i screw up the way i did it?
No, it is just that you probably only had to re-boot it.
If a simple re-boot had not fixed it, that would have been useful information.

I'll just wait for the next person with a KOA to complain that things are broke.
Old 05-12-2017, 02:34 PM   #2504
Mikii
Mikii began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 5 gen
dead after reboot?

This works fine on my kindle paperwhite 5th generation with system 5.3.3, but it won't survive a reboot.

If I reboot the kindle then I have to re-istall the screensavers hack.

Is this an expected behavior?

Thanks.
Mikii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 02:42 PM   #2505
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikii View Post
This works fine on my kindle paperwhite 5th generation with system 5.3.3, but it won't survive a reboot.

If I reboot the kindle then I have to re-istall the screensavers hack.

Is this an expected behavior?

Thanks.
No.

Is your Kindle subscribed to special offers (advertisements)?

Do you mean "reboot" (as with a long press of the power button) or a "reset" from the settings menu?
Reboot - not expected
Reset - expected

Last edited by knc1; 05-12-2017 at 02:46 PM.

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch