Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-29-2024, 04:56 PM   #646
Cyn
Cyn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
That is a new error. I am going to need more information in order to diagnose the problem.

See the last paragraph in the "Dealing with conversion errors" topic in the first post of this thread for information on how to obtain a conversion log. If you could post that log here it would be very helpful.
Thanks Jhowell, I have sent what was requested:
Attached Files
File Type: txt 1.txt (7.0 KB, 37 views)
Cyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 06:29 PM   #647
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
Thanks Jhowell, I have sent what was requested:
Thank you!

There is a bug in this plugin relating to unexpected characters in font names. It will take me a day to two to release a new plugin version with a fix for this.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 07:46 AM   #648
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 2.9.0 - 02 Mar 2024

Handle font names containing unexpected characters. (Fixes "invalid group reference 1 at position 3")

Handle margins present in some print replica books. (Fixes "resource e123 has extra data: {$46: 0.0}")
Old 03-02-2024, 05:11 PM   #649
Cyn
Cyn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Version 2.9.0 - 02 Mar 2024

Handle font names containing unexpected characters. (Fixes "invalid group reference 1 at position 3")

Handle margins present in some print replica books. (Fixes "resource e123 has extra data: {$46: 0.0}")

It works! I just did the conversion and it didn't give me any errors. Thank you so much, Jhowell!
Cyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 01:26 AM   #650
matejdro
matejdro began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (kobo_alyssum)
Thanks for your work!

I have tried to convert https://www.amazon.com/JoJos-Bizarre.../dp/B00N56P6UU. It seems it mostly worked, but every 2nd page is just a blank page with a L shape:

https://i.imgur.com/hQR5AKe.png

any ideas?
matejdro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 09:24 AM   #651
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by matejdro View Post
I have tried to convert https://www.amazon.com/JoJos-Bizarre.../dp/B00N56P6UU. It seems it mostly worked, but every 2nd page is just a blank page with a L shape
That is a fixed-layout manga. Converting that to EPUB will result in problems with the formatting due to Amazon's proprietary markup.

See section "From KFX" toolbar action in the first post of this thread for information on how to convert that book to either PDF or CBZ format instead.
Old 03-27-2024, 10:05 PM   #652
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by matejdro View Post
Thanks for your work!

I have tried to convert https://www.amazon.com/JoJos-Bizarre.../dp/B00N56P6UU. It seems it mostly worked, but every 2nd page is just a blank page with a L shape:

https://i.imgur.com/hQR5AKe.png

any ideas?
If you are set up to download and de-DRM AZW3, you might try Kindle Unpack plugin. I have had some success creating ePub with it even where calibre fails (or at least I gave up after 5 hours on one I tried to convert today, Kindle Unpack took less than about 30 seconds). (and yes, this was in an Amazon fixed layout format)

Interestingly I have had no issues previously converting to ePub even for fixed layout formats with calibre, but had two of these just in last week. I think there are some older ones I need to check (I turned on automatic conversion to ePub on import only 2 or 3 months ago, so there are probably a number of them that remain in AZW3 only).

Kindle Unpack also exports images to a folder so it would be easy to covert to CBZ or PDF if that would work better.

Last edited by tomsem; 03-27-2024 at 11:48 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 10:03 AM   #653
Deckard
Deckard began at the beginning.

Device: PB inkpad 4
Quote:
KFX Conversion Input Plugin

The KFX Input plugin...
First thanx for Your indispensable plugin!

Plz let me to get rid of this error:
Error('All strings must be XML compatible: Unicode or ASCII, no NULL bytes or control characters')

I tried all possible preferences flaggings and export formats...

Is there any way to make finish the export, even if with errors?

Thanx in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Error.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	207246  
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 01:57 PM   #654
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
Plz let me to get rid of this error:
Error('All strings must be XML compatible: Unicode or ASCII, no NULL bytes or control characters')
There is something unexpected in the book you are trying to convert that the KFX Input plugin does not handle properly. In order to correct the problem I will need some more information.

What is the name and ASIN (10 character ID starting with "B") of the book you are trying to convert?

Please create a debug log of the failure. To do that click the calibre Preferences drop-down menu and choose "Restart in debug mode". After calibre restarts perform the steps that result in the error dialog and then close calibre. A log file will appear which you can copy and paste into a post here on MobileRead.

Quote:
Is there any way to make finish the export, even if with errors?
You can try selecting the option "Allow conversion to complete even if errors are detected" in the KFX Input tab of the conversion dialog. However, I doubt that will work in this particular case.
Old 03-30-2024, 02:49 PM   #655
Deckard

Quote:
There is something unexpected in the book you are trying to convert that the KFX Input plugin does not handle properly....
Here's the ASIN code: B0CH2B1KZH

And here's the log:

Quote:
ApplicationPaletteChange event ignored
Using calibre Qt style: True
calibre Log di debug
calibre 7.7 Portable embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19045-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19045')
Python 3.11.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19045', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: it
EXE path: C:\Users\MP\Desktop\Calibre Portable\Calibre\calibre-debug.exe
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (2, 9, 0) && DeDRM (10, 0, 9) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (2, 9, 0) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (2, 9, 0) && From KFX (2, 9, 0) && KFX Input (2, 9, 0) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (2, 7, 0) && KFX Output (2, 7, 0)
calibre 7.7 Portable embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19045-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19045')
Python 3.11.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19045', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: it
EXE path: C:\Users\MP\Desktop\Calibre Portable\Calibre\calibre-debug.exe
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (2, 9, 0) && DeDRM (10, 0, 9) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (2, 9, 0) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (2, 9, 0) && From KFX (2, 9, 0) && KFX Input (2, 9, 0) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (2, 7, 0) && KFX Output (2, 7, 0)
QPA platform: windows
devicePixelRatio: 1.25
logicalDpi: 96.0 x 96.0
physicalDpi: 113.41395348837209 x 113.12164948453608
[0.00] Starting up...
[0.01] Showing splash screen...
[0.17] splash screen shown
[0.17] Initializing db...
[0.19] db initialized
[0.19] Constructing main UI...
[1.53] GUI main window shown
[1.62] main UI initialized...
[1.62] Hiding splash screen
Quote:
You can try selecting the option "Allow conversion to complete even if errors are detected" in the KFX Input tab of the conversion dialog. However, I doubt that will work in this particular case.
I can confirm this didn't solve...

Thanx again
Old 03-30-2024, 06:30 PM   #656
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Here's the ASIN code: B0CH2B1KZH
I was able to locate the cause of problem. That book contains incorrect formatting (control characters in URLs) which is causing the plugin to fail. I will release a new version of KFX Input sometime in the next few days that will be able to convert that book to EPUB.

However you should be aware that since that particular book uses fixed layout you will get superior results if you convert it to PDF instead of EPUB. See the section "From KFX" toolbar action in the first post of this thread for information on how to do that.
Old 03-31-2024, 04:10 AM   #657
Deckard

Quote:
I was able to locate....
Great!!

I'll wait for the new update!
Old 03-31-2024, 08:05 AM   #658
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Version 2.10.0 - 31 Mar 2024

Eliminate unnecessary div elements occasionally produced in HTML output.

Handle styles in ruby text. (Fixes "ruby_content xxx 1 has extra data")

Handle unexpected control characters in URLs. (Fixes "ValueError: All strings must be XML compatible: Unicode or ASCII, no NULL bytes or control characters")
Old 04-01-2024, 09:13 AM   #659
Deckard

Quote:
Version 2.10.0 - 31 Mar 2024
Tested! It works great PDF and EPUB!
Old 04-01-2024, 03:21 PM   #660
Patrichor
Patrichor began at the beginning.

Device: none
Conversion issue - nav_container representation has extra data

Trying to convert B0BHPS3DK9, I get a bunch of nav_container representation has extra data errors.

Debug log attached.

Coder here, happy to run debug code or test a fix.
Attached Files
File Type: txt tmp42ld6i8y.txt (70.8 KB, 12 views)
Patrichor is offline   Reply With Quote