Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-13-2024, 04:32 PM   #421
undertow159
undertow159 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Dump it for calibre, sure. But for other open source tools, there is no life without it.

The magic command so deASCM will load and work: brew unlink openssl@3

Afterwards, brew link openssl@3.
praise be, that really was magic. thank you!!!
undertow159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 05:39 PM   #422
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I look forward to the day when deASCM will work with openssl@3 so I don't need to keep doing this unlink/link thing. Is that day coming?
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 04:11 PM   #423
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I look forward to the day when deASCM will work with openssl@3 so I don't need to keep doing this unlink/link thing. Is that day coming?
It's already here. Just run Windows.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 03:47 PM   #424
Mister L
Groupie
Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Sony 350
Hello, thanks very much for this plugin. I wanted to install it because ADE has suddenly stopped loading for me (it will launch but just shows a white empty window, and I cannot download any books), but I cannot seem to make it work so I'm hoping someone can help.

I have installed it and it is authorised with Adobe, but when I try to add an acsm, either by dragging / dropping the file or clicking on the "Add books" button in the menu, Calibre just adds the acsm file to my library as if it were a book, apparently without ever trying to download the epub file instead.

Currently I'm using the 2.0.1 version of Adobe but I tried switching to other versions and it made no difference.

Is there something else I need to activate, to get the plugin to handle the acsm files?
Mister L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 01:34 AM   #425
miss_p1nky
Enthusiast
miss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enough

Device: Moon+ Reader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister L View Post
Hello, thanks very much for this plugin. I wanted to install it because ADE has suddenly stopped loading for me (it will launch but just shows a white empty window, and I cannot download any books), but I cannot seem to make it work so I'm hoping someone can help.

I have installed it and it is authorised with Adobe, but when I try to add an acsm, either by dragging / dropping the file or clicking on the "Add books" button in the menu, Calibre just adds the acsm file to my library as if it were a book, apparently without ever trying to download the epub file instead.

Currently I'm using the 2.0.1 version of Adobe but I tried switching to other versions and it made no difference.

Is there something else I need to activate, to get the plugin to handle the acsm files?
Is the ACSM new? Have you tried using ACSM from ADE's test page?

- Open ACSM Input Configuration >> check Enable verbose debug logging
- Restart Calibre in Debug mode (the drop down arrow menu besides Preferences icon)
- When Calibre is back, click OK to a dialogue that appears, add your ACSM as usual.
- Copy & paste here the text in the notepad generated.

Last edited by miss_p1nky; 03-25-2024 at 01:36 AM.
miss_p1nky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 11:57 AM   #426
Mister L
Groupie
Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_p1nky View Post
Is the ACSM new? Have you tried using ACSM from ADE's test page?

- Open ACSM Input Configuration >> check Enable verbose debug logging
- Restart Calibre in Debug mode (the drop down arrow menu besides Preferences icon)
- When Calibre is back, click OK to a dialogue that appears, add your ACSM as usual.
- Copy & paste here the text in the notepad generated.
Thank you for your help. I have made some progress, but still having trouble.

I did try an ACSM from the test page, it worked (The Father Thing, in Debug file below).

I have been able to download a book I purchased previously, from a bookstore. But, I am still unable to download library books (It always worked before, when I was using ADE). I downloaded a (fresh) ACSM from the library, but got the same result as before : it added the ACSM to Calibre, as if it were an ebook.

Here is the Debug file:

Spoiler:

(deleted)

And here is a screencap of what is added to Calibre.

Thanks again for your help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-03-25_16h50_51.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	207146  

Last edited by Mister L; 03-25-2024 at 12:53 PM.
Old 03-25-2024, 12:30 PM   #427
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Search in this thread for certificate and follow the tips people have suggested...

There is an error in your log
Code:
ssl.SSLCertVerificationError: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: certificate has expired (_ssl.c:1006)
Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 12:38 PM   #428
Mister L
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Search in this thread for certificate and follow the tips people have suggested...

There is an error in your log
Code:
ssl.SSLCertVerificationError: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: certificate has expired (_ssl.c:1006)
Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
Thank you!!!!!! It works now.
Old 03-26-2024, 02:07 AM   #429
Dr Rod
Dr Rod began at the beginning.

Device: android tablet
Bug report

Hi there

Calibre 6.13.0 on linux debian 12

The app told me to post this on the forum:

calibre, version 6.13.0
ERROR: Install plugin failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart calibre.
Spoiler:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 677, in initialize_plugin
p.initialize()
File "calibre_plugins.deacsm.__init__", line 226, in initialize
from libadobe import createDeviceKeyFile, update_account_path, sendHTTPRequest
File "/tmp/calibre_6.13.0_tmp_du0jnqjh/zepb46pf.zip/libadobe.py", line 59, in <module>
from oscrypto import keys
File "/home/rojasrod/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/keys.py", line 5, in <module>
from ._asymmetric import parse_certificate, parse_private, parse_public
File "/home/rojasrod/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_asymmetric.py", line 27, in <module>
from .kdf import pbkdf1, pbkdf2, pkcs12_kdf
File "/home/rojasrod/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/kdf.py", line 9, in <module>
from .util import rand_bytes
File "/home/rojasrod/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/util.py", line 14, in <module>
from ._openssl.util import rand_bytes
File "/home/rojasrod/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/util.py", line 6, in <module>
from ._libcrypto import libcrypto, libcrypto_version_info, handle_openssl_error
File "/home/rojasrod/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/_libcrypto.py", line 24, in <module>
from ._libcrypto_ctypes import (
File "/home/rojasrod/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/_libcrypto_ctypes.py", line 47, in <module>
raise LibraryNotFoundError('Error detecting the version of libcrypto')
oscrypto.errors.LibraryNotFoundError: Error detecting the version of libcrypto

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/dialogs/plugin_updater.py", line 710, in _install_clicked
plugin = add_plugin(zip_path)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 487, in add_plugin
plugin = initialize_plugin(plugin, path_to_zip_file, PluginInstallationType.EXTERNAL)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 682, in initialize_plugin
raise InvalidPlugin((_('Initialization of plugin %s failed with traceback:')
calibre.customize.InvalidPlugin: Initialization of plugin Traceback (most recent call last):
p.initialize()
File "/tmp/calibre_6.13.0_tmp_du0jnqjh/zepb46pf.zip/libadobe.py", line 59, in <module>
File "/home/rojasrod/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/keys.py", line 5, in <module>
File "/home/rojasrod/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_asymmetric.py", line 27, in <module>
File "/home/rojasrod/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/kdf.py", line 9, in <module>
File "/home/rojasrod/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/util.py", line 14, in <module>
File "/home/rojasrod/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/util.py", line 6, in <module>
File "/home/rojasrod/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/_libcrypto.py", line 24, in <module>
File "/home/rojasrod/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/_libcrypto_ctypes.py", line 47, in <module>
failed with traceback:
p.initialize()

Last edited by theducks; 03-26-2024 at 03:01 AM. Reason: spoilered log
Dr Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 02:37 AM   #430
miss_p1nky
Enthusiast
miss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enough

Device: Moon+ Reader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Rod View Post
Hi there

calibre, version 6.13.0
ERROR: Install plugin failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart calibre.
Spoiler:

p.initialize()

File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/dialogs/plugin_updater.py", line 710, in _install_clicked
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
plugin = initialize_plugin(plugin, path_to_zip_file, PluginInstallationType.EXTERNAL)
calibre.customize.InvalidPlugin: Initialization of plugin Traceback (most recent call last):
p.initialize()
failed with traceback:
p.initialize()
Read previous interactions in this thread.

Quote:
Dump it for calibre, sure. But for other open source tools, there is no life without it.

The magic command so deASCM will load and work: brew unlink openssl@3

Afterwards, brew link openssl@3.
miss_p1nky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 03:31 AM   #431
Dr Rod
Dr Rod began at the beginning.

Device: android tablet
Thank you for your reply, but this is not really understandable.

I guess brew is a package manager? (it's not in the debian repositories) Do I need to first install it?

this command brew unlink openssl@3 has to be run in the same folder as the calibre installation? or system wide?

then you try to load deASCM in the calibre GUI ?

and then brew link openssl@3 ?

Thanks in advance
Dr Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 07:19 AM   #432
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hi there

calibre, version 6.13.0
Spoiler:

p.initialize()

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
p.initialize()
failed with traceback:
p.initialize()
Any reason you cannot run calibre 7.7?
Old 03-27-2024, 03:35 PM   #433
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Any reason you cannot run calibre 7.7?
The answer is likely that they are running calibre from a Debian repository. Last time I looked from installing calibre on a Debian VM, the stable repository offered calibre 6.13.

I would suggest using the install from the calibre Linux download page and paying special attention to the prerequisites.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 03:57 PM   #434
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Hi there

calibre, version 6.13.0
Spoiler:

p.initialize()

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
p.initialize()
failed with traceback:
p.initialize()
As @DNSB said, you should run calibre from the source and not a repository. Repositories usually get calibre wrong. That could be your problem.
Old 03-27-2024, 09:56 PM   #435
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Thank you for your reply, but this is not really understandable.

I guess brew is a package manager? (it's not in the debian repositories) Do I need to first install it?

this command brew unlink openssl@3 has to be run in the same folder as the calibre installation? or system wide?

then you try to load deASCM in the calibre GUI ?

and then brew link openssl@3 ?

Thanks in advance
Brew (HomeBrew) is a package manager, mostly for Mac (I guess also for Linux). If you haven't installed it, then the instructions I gave do not mean anything.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote