Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-09-2024, 11:19 AM   #1306
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
I have used a Reading List set to 'Sync this device as soon as connected' to send new/changed books to my Kindle for years. Generally, several times a day.

Since the release of Calibre 7, I have had an intermittent problem: After connecting the Kindle, and part way through sending to Kindle Calibre just hangs and I have to kill Calibre. Happens perhaps 1 time in 10?

Turning off 'Sync when connected' on the list and instead calling RL's 'Sync Now' manually doesn't seem to have the same problem.

I think this is an interaction between Calibre 7 and RL? Did something change in the device connected hook? I'm hoping somebody has an idea.

I have not been able to replicate this on demand, but here's a debug I captured:
Spoiler:
Code:
calibre 7.6  embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19045-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19045')
Python 3.11.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19045', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
EXE path: c:\Program Files\Calibre2\calibre-debug.exe
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (10, 0, 3) && ColumnSum (2, 2, 0) && Count Pages (1, 13, 5) && EpubMerge (2, 17, 1) && EpubSplit (3, 6, 1) && FanFicFare (4, 32, 4) && Favourites Menu (1, 3, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 10, 8) && Generate Cover (2, 3, 3) && Jimms Editor Addons (0, 0, 1) && Manage Series (1, 5, 2) && Modify ePub (1, 8, 2) && Quality Check (1, 13, 8) && Reading List (1, 15, 1) && ScrambleEbook (0, 6, 0) && SmartEject (2, 5, 0) && SpacerName (0, 0, 2) && SplitMergeNew (0, 3, 0) && View Manager (1, 10, 2)
QPA platform: windows
devicePixelRatio: 2.0
logicalDpi: 96.0 x 96.0
physicalDpi: 141.7674418604651 x 141.4020618556701
ApplicationPaletteChange event ignored
Using calibre Qt style: True
[0.00] Starting up...
[0.00] Initializing db...
[0.55] db initialized
[0.55] Constructing main UI...
qt.webengine.QWebEngineView OK
[4.25] GUI main window shown
EpubMerge: DEBUG: 2024-03-09 10:00:03,105: calibre_plugins.epubmerge.epubmerge_plugin(156): macmenuhack file_path:C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\fanficfare_macmenuhack.txt
FFF: DEBUG: 2024-03-09 10:00:03,153: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fff_plugin(215): Plugin FanFicFare macmenuhack file_path:C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\fanficfare_macmenuhack.txt
[4.55] main UI initialized...
[4.55] Started up in 4.55 seconds with 6421 books
Storage number map:
{(7, 0): [(3, 'C')], (7, 1): [(1, 'E')]}
Storage number for USBSTOR\DISK&VEN_KINDLE&PROD_INTERNAL_STORAGE&REV_0401\G8S0PP12127604KM&0: StorageDeviceNumber(type=7, number=1, partition_number=0)
Drive letters for USBDevice(vendor_id=0x1949 product_id=0x324 bcd=0x401 devid=usb\vid_1949&pid_0324&rev_0401 devinst=13)
{'drive_letters': ['E'],
 'pnp_id_map': {'E': '\\\\?\\usbstor#disk&ven_kindle&prod_internal_storage&rev_0401#g8s0pp12127604km&0#{53f56307-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}'},
 'readonly_drives': set(),
 'sort_map': {'E': (1, 1)}}
Syncing cover thumbnails to workaround amazon cover bug
Restored 0 cover thumbnails that were destroyed by Amazon
Job: 0 Get device information started
DeviceJob: 0 Get device information done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 0 Get device information callback returned
Job: 1 Set library information started
DeviceJob: 1 Set library information done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 1 Set library information callback returned
Job: 2 Get list of books on device started
DEBUG:    0.0 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= None
DEBUG:    0.0 USBMS: dirs are: E:\ documents
Job: 0 Get device information finished
No details available.
Job: 1 Set library information finished
No details available.
DEBUG:    3.9 USBMS: scan from root False E:\documents
DEBUG:   15.4 USBMS: count found in cache: 6424, count of files in metadata: 6424, need_sync: False
DEBUG:   15.4 USBMS: Finished fetching list of books from device. oncard= None
DEBUG:   15.4 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= carda
DEBUG:   15.4 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= cardb
DeviceJob: 2 Get list of books on device done, calling callback
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: Starting set_books_in_library
DeviceJob: set_books_in_library: books to process= 6424
DeviceJob: set_books_in_library finished: time= 0.07103323936462402
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: updating views
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: syncing
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: refreshing ondevice
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: sending metadata_available signal
READING LIST: Metadata available: {'main': {'last_library_uuid': 'f835a254-143e-4293-c466-d075973e44a4', 'calibre_version': '7.6.0', 'prefix': 'E:/', 'location_code': 'main', 'date_last_connected': '2024-03-09T16:00:37.319530+00:00', 'device_name': 'Kindle PaperWhite', 'device_store_uuid': 'c0ba076f-fcad-78eb-b14c-e81c0ac77f64'}}
READING LIST: Sync Now - force_sync= False
READING LIST: Device found to sync to: Kindle PaperWhite c0ba076f-fcad-78eb-b14c-e81c0ac77f64
READING LIST: Syncing 6 books in 'Add to Kindle' to: b0ba076f-fcad-78eb-b14c-f81c0ac77f64 (location:None)
DeviceJob: 2 Get list of books on device callback returned
Job: 3 Upload 6 books to the device: Tome of the Orange Sky, Little Hunter, Star Wars: The Force Wills, Return of the Stellar Empress, Nemesis, A Meeting that changed the Galaxies started
Device using plugboard azw3 KINDLE2 [['{#title_prefix:|| }{series:|| }{series_index:0>2s|| - }{title}{#wordcount:| (|)}{tags:| |}{#extranotes:| - |}', 'title'], ["{authors:shorten(215,'-',0)}", 'authors']]
Setting metadata in: Tome of the Orange Sky at: C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_20o1sbx9\i802oqe2caltmpfmt.azw3
Job: 2 Get list of books on device finished
No details available.
Device using plugboard azw3 KINDLE2 [['{#title_prefix:|| }{series:|| }{series_index:0>2s|| - }{title}{#wordcount:| (|)}{tags:| |}{#extranotes:| - |}', 'title'], ["{authors:shorten(215,'-',0)}", 'authors']]
Setting metadata in: Little Hunter at: C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_20o1sbx9\11qzndq_caltmpfmt.azw3
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 11:27 AM   #1307
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
It might also possible be some interaction with the Kindle driver. I've not had this issue with Kobo at all and I have similar habits to you.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 02:16 PM   #1308
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I too have not had any issue with my Kobo Libra 2 and a Kindle PW5. I do not sync as much to the PW5 as I do the Kobo. But both work without issue.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 07:32 PM   #1309
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Any time in the last few months I see a plugin issue reported with calibre 7.x I just ignore it to be perfectly honest. Because time after time it has been proven to be an issue with changes made in calibre, not the fault of the plugins at all or any code needing to change in them. I am still using 6.x in personal usage as my one attempt to upgrade to an early 7.x hit a bug so I reverted back and not tried again since.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 11:52 PM   #1310
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Reading List v1.15.2

Release Notes
https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr...g_list-v1.15.2
Old 04-10-2024, 04:21 AM   #1311
Trimbuk2
Trimbuk2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2007, Android(Huawei)
Hello everyone, I am writing this query here in the hope that this is the place where it should be posted.

my library one day told me that it had a problem when loading, and that I needed to do a process to correct it, I clicked on run, and started the process, read the books (more than 300k) and, after that, it starts to load what I guess are the add-ons and stays at 4% creating the custom column of the add-on "Reading List".

the process remains in that four percent of progress and I do not know what else to do, it has remained up to a week 24/7 and I can not get it to advance, I tried to open either of the two .db files or the .Json to see if somehow you can edit the one that tries to load that add-on or the custom column of that add-on, but I can not open them to edit them.

has anyone had something like this happen to them?
is it possible that someone can help me to edit the file so that it does not load the custom column?
I would rather lose that column than lose all the formatting, and other fixes that frankly I don't remember how I did them.
Trimbuk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 10:06 PM   #1312
kiwidude

@trimbuk2 - a library with 300K books in it is abnormally large and I am not surprised you have issues with it. You can always try starting calibre without plugins to see if that gets you started. This plugni does not "create" custom columns itself so I don't know why you think it is the cause of your issues.
Old 04-10-2024, 10:16 PM   #1313
kiwidude

Beta for new feature - Quick access to viewing a list

Hi,

On this attached build you can now on the "Other" options tab enable a new quick access feature. Which simply turns the Reading List toolbar button into a split button (like many other toolbar buttons are such as "Add books"). So then clicking on the main button area will view a reading list (you can define which list on a per library basis).

If someone can test this for me before I push it out that would be appreciated. This feature is turned off by default, and you do have to restart calibre each time you turn the quick access checkbox on or off (but not when flipping lists).

One known gotcha is I don't dynamically refresh the dropdown list if you add/remove a list on the Lists tab. One day I might add a refresh button or something but you can just reopen the configuration dialog to get the new list values for this rare situation for now.

EDIT: Removed as will release shortly

Last edited by kiwidude; 04-11-2024 at 12:32 AM.
Old 04-10-2024, 11:22 PM   #1314
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
I didn't test it very hard, but it seems to work for me.

Not something I expect to use, personally--I'm more likely to use a keyboard shortcut.

FFF allows for similar change of button type, but doesn't require restart. I have this function:
Code:
    def set_popup_mode(self):
        if prefs['button_instantpopup']:
            self.popup_type = QToolButton.InstantPopup
        else:
            self.popup_type = QToolButton.MenuButtonPopup
        for bar in self.gui.bars_manager.bars:
            w = bar.widgetForAction(self.qaction)
            if w is not None:
                w.setPopupMode(self.popup_type)
                w.update()
        return
...and call it from initialization_complete(), library_changed() and ConfigWidget save_settings() after saving settings.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 12:19 AM   #1315
kiwidude

Nice one, thanks JimmXinu, I will steal that
Old 04-11-2024, 12:37 AM   #1316
kiwidude

Reading List v1.15.3

Release Notes
https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr...g_list-v1.15.3

Thanks JimmXinu for the adjustment I made to prevent the need to restart, plus I found a bug in the dialog (not remembering previous list selection).
Old 04-23-2024, 12:52 PM   #1317
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Small request, if feasible: A maximum of the column width of Edit List dialog. My TBR list I have a short story anthology with over a dozen authors which resulted in the dialog going to a very silly width. (I'm willing to provide a screenshot if you want to see.)

Last edited by ownedbycats; 04-23-2024 at 02:27 PM.
Old 04-24-2024, 07:13 PM   #1318
kiwidude

Reading List v1.15.4

Release Notes
https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr...g_list-v1.15.4
Old 04-25-2024, 02:03 AM   #1319
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Hi,

On this attached build you can now on the "Other" options tab enable a new quick access feature. Which simply turns the Reading List toolbar button into a split button (like many other toolbar buttons are such as "Add books"). So then clicking on the main button area will view a reading list (you can define which list on a per library basis).
Great addition!
Comfy.n is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 09:27 AM   #1320
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Thank you!