Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-18-2020, 08:26 PM   #1
littlenellie
littlenellie began at the beginning.

Device: KT4
Question text margins on generated covers

Hi!

Is there a way to adjust the margins, spacing or placement of text on generated covers?

On my covers I have the title, author and a synopsis (from a custom column). It works up to a point but only if I keep the synopsis really short and/or make the font size tiny. There's plenty of room on the cover for more text but it seem restricted by the margin size.

I tried the Generate Cover plug-in but that didn't help with this issue. Does anyone know of another plug-in or way to develop a custom cover layout?

EDIT: I meant to say that I'm generating books from the DOS command line, so it's the default book cover that I guess I need to change.

Many thanks!

Last edited by littlenellie; 10-18-2020 at 09:23 PM. Reason: extra information
littlenellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 10:47 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Not without editing the code.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2020, 07:43 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlenellie View Post
Hi!

Is there a way to adjust the margins, spacing or placement of text on generated covers?

On my covers I have the title, author and a synopsis (from a custom column). It works up to a point but only if I keep the synopsis really short and/or make the font size tiny. There's plenty of room on the cover for more text but it seem restricted by the margin size.

I tried the Generate Cover plug-in but that didn't help with this issue. Does anyone know of another plug-in or way to develop a custom cover layout?

EDIT: I meant to say that I'm generating books from the DOS command line, so it's the default book cover that I guess I need to change.

Many thanks!
Have you considered putting the synopsis in a 'jacket' page, the Polish feature can add a jacket page, IIRC Polish can be used from the command line.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 10:37 PM   #4
littlenellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Not without editing the code.
Ah, okay. I was afraid you'd say that. Thanks, though
Old 10-19-2020, 10:38 PM   #5
littlenellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Have you considered putting the synopsis in a 'jacket' page, the Polish feature can add a jacket page, IIRC Polish can be used from the command line.

BR
That might be a good workaround. Thanks, I'll do a bit of investigation into it!
Advert

Tags
cover, custom, margins