Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-02-2019, 03:40 AM   #16
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Hello, I would like to know if it´s possible at the same time to change the text at header/footer (page x of y -> page x / y) and the font with the new patch that jackie_w has created.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 07:39 AM   #17
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelocotonto View Post
Hi jackie_w, you wrote this:

Image 2: Shows the same book after patching with cosmetic customisation.
- in 1. set font to sideloaded Trebuchet and set text colour to mid-grey so it fades into the background more.

How can I add text colour in this patch?. What line? Thanks
It's in Custom new header/footer font in the 'Part 1' section

For Image 2, I used
Code:
color:#666;
See yellow highlight in attached screenshot of my text editor for context. Of course you'll probably want to use a different font-family than Trebuchet (or change it back to Avenir).

The #666 I used for color is a mid-grey. Change as you wish. Lower is darker, e.g. #333, higher is lighter, e.g. #999. #000 is black, #fff is white.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ReadingFooter.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	173887  
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2019, 08:14 AM   #18
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Hello, I would like to know if it´s possible at the same time to change the text at header/footer (page x of y -> page x / y) and the font with the new patch that jackie_w has created.
For the header/footer text, look at these 3 libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml patches to decide which one suits you best.:
- Don't uppercase header/footer text
- Custom header/footer page number text
- Don't uppercase header/footer text and change page number text

For similar in the central label in the new scrubber, there's another new patch in libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml. I added it for 4.16.13162 but it probably got drowned out in the general noise of the last week.
Code:
Custom navigation menu page number text:
  - Enabled: no
  - Description: Changes the page number text format in the reading navigation menu
  - FindReplaceString: {Find: "Page %1 of %2", Replace: "%1 / %2"}
Customise it if you want to keep the 'Page', lose the 'of'
Old 10-02-2019, 08:32 AM   #19
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
For the header/footer text, look at these 3 libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml patches to decide which one suits you best.:
- Don't uppercase header/footer text
- Custom header/footer page number text
- Don't uppercase header/footer text and change page number text

For similar in the central label in the new scrubber, there's another new patch in libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml. I added it for 4.16.13162 but it probably got drowned out in the general noise of the last week.
Code:
Custom navigation menu page number text:
  - Enabled: no
  - Description: Changes the page number text format in the reading navigation menu
  - FindReplaceString: {Find: "Page %1 of %2", Replace: "%1 / %2"}
Customise it if you want to keep the 'Page', lose the 'of'
Thank you very much! I'll check because Kobo has even forgotten to translate that "of" to Spanish.

Pdta: As you can see, I hadn't read the new patches in detail

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 10-02-2019 at 10:21 AM.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:16 AM   #20
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Terisa de morgan: Ah, thanks, localization of that bit of the UI was something that niggled at the back of my mind .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2019, 12:11 PM   #21
Urdu
Enthusiast
Urdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Forma
Thanks for all the hard work!
Urdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 01:00 PM   #22
marshap
Enthusiast
marshap began at the beginning.

Device: Libra 2
Thanks to all for your terrific work on the patches. Love 'em!
marshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 01:15 PM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
With the two patches....
ePub uniform font scale:
Set font scale factor:

What value should be used instead of 8 to keep the font scale factor so it matches the ePub font scale factor? 8 is not it. The problem is that ePub has a better font scale factor by default and I want to keep it.

The value of 8 makes the font size for ePub smaller at the same position on the font size slider. What I want is that after these two patches are appplied that the font sizes for ePub remain the same as it is without these two patches.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 02:02 PM   #24
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
With the two patches....
ePub uniform font scale:
Set font scale factor:

What value should be used instead of 8 to keep the font scale factor so it matches the ePub font scale factor? 8 is not it. The problem is that ePub has a better font scale factor by default and I want to keep it.

The value of 8 makes the font size for ePub smaller at the same position on the font size slider. What I want is that after these two patches are appplied that the font sizes for ePub remain the same as it is without these two patches.
You don't mention kepub in your post, so I'm not quite sure what your goal is. I also have to confess GeoffR's explanation of what 'Set font scale factor' was for completely bamboozled me, so I can't help with that.

I only use 'ePub uniform font scale' to "equalise" font-size in epub and kepub, with no longer any need to "magnify" the kepubs (on some models) during calibre send-to-device.
Old 10-02-2019, 02:27 PM   #25
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
With the two patches....
ePub uniform font scale:
Set font scale factor:

You could always play with the modified value from 1 to 15 to see what if any difference it makes on your ereader.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 02:35 PM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You don't mention kepub in your post, so I'm not quite sure what your goal is. I also have to confess GeoffR's explanation of what 'Set font scale factor' was for completely bamboozled me, so I can't help with that.

I only use 'ePub uniform font scale' to "equalise" font-size in epub and kepub, with no longer any need to "magnify" the kepubs (on some models) during calibre send-to-device.
The first patch sets the font size scale the same.And ePub is tiny like you get in kepub when you come from ePub.

The second makes them both larger then tiny, but in ePub it's smaller then normal. If I can get the value for ePub, then kepub will be better.
Old 10-02-2019, 02:36 PM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
You could always play with the modified value from 1 to 15 to see what if any difference it makes on your ereader.
Would I have to go for a lower value or a higher value to increase the size?
Old 10-02-2019, 02:58 PM   #28
Carmelocotonto
Connoisseur
Carmelocotonto began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Clara HD, Onyxboox C67
Quote:
It's in Custom new header/footer font in the 'Part 1' section

For Image 2, I used
Code:
color:#666;
See yellow highlight in attached screenshot of my text editor for context. Of course you'll probably want to use a different font-family than Trebuchet (or change it back to Avenir).

The #666 I used for color is a mid-grey. Change as you wish. Lower is darker, e.g. #333, higher is lighter, e.g. #999. #000 is black, #fff is white.
Thanks jackie, I have tried it and work perfectly. I have added bold to the font, too.
Carmelocotonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 03:05 PM   #29
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Would I have to go for a lower value or a higher value to increase the size?
Why not experiment, set it to the highest, 15, and see what it does. You can always adjust it to fit later.

You'd have your answer by now, and could share it with others.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 03:51 PM   #30
marshap
Enthusiast
marshap began at the beginning.

Device: Libra 2
Custom font sizes
I have tried to add the custom font sizes patch by copying from an earlier patch and pasting into the libnickel.co.1.0.0.yaml file in this patch but it doesn't work. Doesn't seem like GeoffR is updating this patch, so does anyone know how to add this patch?
marshap is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching