Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-14-2022, 11:50 AM   #1
brendanl79
brendanl79 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage x2, Onyx BOOX Note 3
[Note3] "Could not load Android system. Your data may be corrupt."

Seeing the above at boot after recovering from a complete battery discharge that left the screen on the sleep wallpaper rather than "Power Off", so I suspect an unclean shutdown messed something up.

Do I have any hope of recovering from this without a full factory reset?
brendanl79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 01:27 PM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanl79 View Post
Do I have any hope of recovering from this without a full factory reset?
Probably. Did you upgrade to 3.2.1? What version are you using?
Why don't you get the groundwork started, download:
http://firmware-us.boox.com/f4ffd1c0...ef8/update.upx
You'll want to decrypt it on your desktop, see:
https://github.com/Hagb/decryptBooxU...r/DeBooxUpx.py
Then you can tell us if there is 1) a boot image in it 2) a recovery image.
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 01:43 PM   #3
brendanl79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Probably. Did you upgrade to 3.2.1? What version are you using?
Why don't you get the groundwork started, download:
http://firmware-us.boox.com/f4ffd1c0...ef8/update.upx
You'll want to decrypt it on your desktop, see:
https://github.com/Hagb/decryptBooxU...r/DeBooxUpx.py
Then you can tell us if there is 1) a boot image in it 2) a recovery image.
Thanks Renate. I did have the latest 3.2.1 (there were 2 updates with that version number).

I got the UPX and script, and decrypted it for Note3. There is a boot.img but I don't think a recovery image. See attached image for full zip contents.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-04-14 134215.png
Views:	103
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	193228  
Old 04-14-2022, 02:01 PM   #4
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When I clicked on attachment I thought for a second that you has posted 1.5GB!
Just extract the boot image please and post here.
Old 04-14-2022, 02:07 PM   #5
brendanl79

OK, here is the boot.img.
Attached Files
File Type: zip note3_boot_img.zip (11.83 MB, 86 views)
Old 04-14-2022, 02:16 PM   #6
Renate
Wizard

Oh, yeah, and can you post the first couple of lines of META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script that has getprop and utc and model.
Old 04-14-2022, 02:20 PM   #7
brendanl79

Sure, here:

(!less_than_int(1648621557, getprop("ro.build.date.utc"))) || abort("E3003: Can't install this package (Wed Mar 30 14:25:57 CST 2022) over newer build (" + getprop("ro.build.date") + ").");
getprop("ro.product.device") == "Note3" || abort("E3004: This package is for \"Note3\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\".");
ui_print("Target: ONYX/Note3/Note3:10/2022-03-30_14-23_3.2.1_2ddc081/5246:user/dev-keys");
Old 04-14-2022, 02:26 PM   #8
Renate
Wizard

Thanks. Your kernel is identical to that on my Poke3. A "Frankensteined" recovery should be no problem. Just eating lunch and making images.

Tags
bricked, onyx boox, recovery