Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-26-2021, 10:52 AM   #1531
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
You can use the catalog feature (main toolbar > convert books > create a catalog) to create a playlist and feed that to any music player.
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 04:17 PM   #1532
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by capink View Post
You can use the catalog feature (main toolbar > convert books > create a catalog) to create a playlist and feed that to any music player.
Alternatively, you can use the Action Chains plugin (open with action, with multiple selections enabled) to send the file paths to a music player. I have done this successfully with vlc (screenshot attached).

If your songs have different formats (not all of them are mp3) you can use the template option with the below template:

Spoiler:
Code:
program:
    l = '';
    available = formats_paths();
    fmts = 'MP3,WAV,WMA';
    for fmt in fmts:
	    path = select(available, fmt);
	    if path then
		    l = list_union(l, path, ',')
	    fi
    rof;
    list_item(l,0,',')
modify the template to contain your preferred formats in the correct priority. Note that formats must be uppercase.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	202
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	186167  
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2021, 06:05 PM   #1533
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by buyifan43 View Post
Is there any possilibities that plugins can be used to play music? By using a USB soundcard or bluetooth?
FWIW: I add playlist files (m3u) as a 'book' to a library, when I 'view' that 'book' Calibre invokes the Windows default program for m3u files.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:07 PM   #1534
Marween
Marween began at the beginning.

Hello,

Not sure if this is the right place or not, but I was wondering if someone would be able to make a metadata source plugin for bookbeat.se?

I've been unable to find a source that has what I want which is primarily Swedish categories/tags etc.
I was also hoping it'd be able to correctly fill out the Series information as that site properly lists the part number/reading order of the series it's part of. (Another site that does display this information is bokus.com)

If anyone would be able to make a metadata source plugin for this site it'd be much appreciated, I've tried to modify another plugin to make it work but I haven't had much luck.

Here's a couple of links that could be used for retrieving the data:
Used for making a search:
https://api.bookbeat.com/api/search/...ry=Svart%20ros
Book information:
https://api.bookbeat.com/api/books/15573

I imagine it being fairly simple to make for someone who's more experienced based on the format of the data (JSON) in the links above.

Again, sorry if this is the wrong place for such a request.
Marween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 04:25 AM   #1535
duns
Connoisseur
duns began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook
audio ebooks

Maybe this was already discussed, but recently I found an interesting project: ReadBeyond for audio ebooks; that is an ebook (epub3) with audio: you see the text and you hear a human (not robotic) voice (and the corresponding text is hightlightened). And a human voice is much more expressive than a robotic one.
It would be nice if Calibre could read this kind of epub (with its own audio, I mean).
duns is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2021, 08:28 AM   #1536
johnwhelan
Zealot
johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Cybook Gen 3, Google Nexus7
US English to UK English translation

I prefer UK English but some books written by UK authors are only available electronically with US spelling.

Could we have a plug in that would convert one to the other please. It basically needs a list of words to be searched and replaced.

Neighbor to neighbour etc.

Thanks John
johnwhelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 10:20 AM   #1537
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwhelan View Post
I prefer UK English but some books written by UK authors are only available electronically with US spelling.

Could we have a plug in that would convert one to the other please. It basically needs a list of words to be searched and replaced.

Thanks John
I prefer books to be in the Authors version of English (or at least, the characters as it helps set the scene'). And I really don't mind the alternate spellings. Again, this is a reminder that the book is NOT set on my home turf.

I would not be adverse to having a Glossary to help 'decode' usage when it does not align with the end market.
I remember a visit to Scotland and getting directions from the lady of the B&B: "Just over the roundabout', when the husband considered where we were from and clarified: 'Go around to the opposite exit' (I would not have tried to go 'over', but I have seen to many folk blindly follow GPS: Turn Right and end up on the Train Tracks instead of the street on the other side of them)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 10:27 AM   #1538
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

Thanks John
There could very easily be words that when changed are no longer correct.

A good example is trunk. You could be talking about the trunk of a car or a luggage type of trunk. If it's luggage, changing trunk to boot doesn't work.

I agree with ducky that it's best to read in whatever English it's in.

Last edited by JSWolf; 05-07-2021 at 10:29 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 10:42 AM   #1539
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post

A good example is trunk. You could be talking about the trunk of a car or a luggage type of trunk. If it's luggage, changing trunk to boot doesn't work.

Isn't that called a 'steamer' ?

My first car had a Boot, Windscreen, demister... It was a AH Sprite (Left hand drive version), so I got used to 'other' spellings at an early age.

And there are many other uses of 'trunk' that should not be touched.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 01:58 PM   #1540
johnwhelan
Zealot
johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post

No but neighbour, colour, flavour, humour, labour, analyse, breathalyse, paralyse, the double ll as in travelled, travelling, traveller, manoeuvre, oestrogen, paediatric, defence, licence, offence, pretence and then we get to catalogue which occasionally is spelt catalog in the US.

You could go a fair way to take out the more common ones and make it easier to read.

Cheerio John
Old 05-08-2021, 02:01 PM   #1541
johnwhelan
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I prefer books to be in the Authors version of English (or at least, the characters as it helps set the scene').
And so do I. The books by English authors when published in the US often get translated. I'd just like to get back to the original.

Thanks John
Old 05-08-2021, 06:34 PM   #1542
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
And so do I. The books by English authors when published in the US often get translated. I'd just like to get back to the original.

Thanks John
If you buy from a non-US/Canada store/publisher you should get UK spelling.

Otherwise spellcheck against a UK dictionary in an editor.

The Sigil plugin ePubTidy may also be of some use ==>> Sigil Plugin Index

BTW: Mammoths have first dibs on the word 'trunk'

BR
Old 05-14-2021, 08:57 AM   #1543
johnwhelan
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
If you buy from a non-US/Canada store/publisher you should get UK spelling.

Otherwise spellcheck against a UK dictionary in an editor.

The Sigil plugin ePubTidy may also be of some use ==>> Sigil Plugin Index

BTW: Mammoths have first dibs on the word 'trunk'

BR
Sometimes the US edition is the only one available in ebook format. The spellcheck idea I like but I can't recall one that works in epub format also it means correcting each word not a single push a button operation but thanks for the thoughts.

Cheerio John
Old 05-14-2021, 09:17 AM   #1544
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
It basically needs a list of words to be searched and replaced.
Such a word list already exists: Varcon
Maybe you could convert it Saved Search entries?
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 06:13 PM   #1545
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Sometimes the US edition is the only one available in ebook format. The spellcheck idea I like but I can't recall one that works in epub format also it means correcting each word not a single push a button operation but thanks for the thoughts.
Calibre comes with an epub/azw3 editor, IIRC it's icon is a book with a pencil in the default toolbar. It can also be run from the Command Line, and Sigil is an epub editor, and they both have multilingual spellcheckers - and they have plugin interfaces.

One of the features of the Sigil plugin I referenced earlier claims to have this feature

Quote:
Uses a customised list of words to correct common misspellings.
BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 05-14-2021 at 06:17 PM.

Tags
calibre, chatbot, cover, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, kindle, metadata calibre title, missing, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development, scribe