Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 01-19-2024, 02:46 AM   #1
beedaddy
Zealot
beedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino shine 4
Problem with fractional scaling

I'm running GNOME with fractional scaling (150%) on a HiDPI display. The Calibre UI looks very good here, except the ebook-viewer. It opens ebooks initially too small (not fitting the the window size) which can be fixed my resizing the window slightly. But besides that, the fonts (both, of the e-book and the viewer-ui) look coarse and washed-out.

With a scaling of 100% or 200%, everything looks ok.

Is there anything I can do about it? I wonder why it happens only in ebook-viewer.

(Running the official binary install (calibre 7.3) on Fedora Linux 39)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bildschirmfoto vom 2024-01-19 08-13-45.png
Views:	79
Size:	750.5 KB
ID:	205882   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bildschirmfoto vom 2024-01-19 08-14-03.png
Views:	67
Size:	1,013.6 KB
ID:	205883  

Last edited by beedaddy; 01-19-2024 at 02:49 AM.
beedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 02:50 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
because only the viewer uses qt webengine and no nothing you can do about it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2024, 11:47 AM   #3
DrLimu
Connoisseur
DrLimu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrLimu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrLimu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrLimu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrLimu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrLimu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrLimu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrLimu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrLimu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrLimu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrLimu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara
I use KDE rather than GNOME, but I had a similar problem. Setting the environment varaible
Code:
QT_SCALE_FACTOR_ROUNDING_POLICY=RoundPreferFloor
solved the problem for me, and now fonts look good in both the editor and the viewer.
DrLimu is offline   Reply With Quote