Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Portable Audio/Video

Notices

Old 03-29-2006, 03:17 PM   #16
Unregistered
Nameless Being

Have the Auto Stop Rec "ON" under the Video Corder Contextual Parameter.

Old 04-23-2006, 03:25 PM   #17
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
So is everything okay with this setting then or is this a product line to be avoided?
Old 05-02-2006, 10:48 AM   #18
pitcher23
Zealot
pitcher23 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell
So is everything okay with this setting then or is this a product line to be avoided?
I can't speak for everyone else, but I finally decided to upgrade my 40gb av700 and the firmware update worked flawlessly. It also synched up my media files through WMP without a hitch. I mostly have it hooked up to my Direct TV sattelite box to record shows directly to which it works fine and the screen resolution is beautiful.

The only issue I ever had with it, which is true with many LCD products, is that I had one dead pixel in the center of the screen. I do not notice it while watching shows or movies, but do notice it on a blank backround on the menu screen. To me it wasn't enough to contact customer support so I can't give you any info on how good or bad their service it.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:26 AM   #19
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
I can't speak for the rest of the line but the only problem with my AV340 was easily sorted by a replacement battery. (After 2-3 years of continuous use the battery life was about 70% of what it began with)

I've been vaguely considering an upgrade since the PMA was announced.

But for the moment I think I will stick with my AV340 until it dies.

Last edited by Riocaz; 05-17-2006 at 10:29 AM.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:46 PM   #20
bmac
bmac
bmac began at the beginning.

Device: archos av700
archos av700 shutting down cable box

Did anyone ever find a solution to the ir emitter shutting down the cable box in the scheduling mode.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:53 PM   #21
ctownd
ctownd began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac
Did anyone ever find a solution to the ir emitter shutting down the cable box in the scheduling mode.
Yup! It worked after making the change then resetting the AV700.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:22 PM   #22
bmac
bmac
bmac began at the beginning.

Device: archos av700
what change did you make? I tried the previously mentioned contextual setting changes but did not reset when I was done. Could you be very specific about the changes you made and I will try them. thanks for your help.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:20 PM   #23
gorbs
gorbs began at the beginning.

Device: archos av500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac
what change did you make? I tried the previously mentioned contextual setting changes but did not reset when I was done. Could you be very specific about the changes you made and I will try them. thanks for your help.

Ditto here, I'm playing with a archos av500 which i recently got and its doing the same as stated here, turning off the box when it goes to do a scheduled recording. For now I am going with the "turn off the box first" theory to get by. But this would be a problem if recording back to back ... unless I through in a dummy record that would turn the box back off on so that my next real record would record fine :-)
Old 06-13-2008, 07:31 PM   #24
nigel_tegg
nigel_tegg began at the beginning.

Device: P910i, AV700, 604WiFi
Unhappy AV700 HDD upgrade

PLEASE please PLEASE someone tell me categorically, how to upgrade the HDD on a Archos Av700 (non-TV). I have a couple of 40Gb ones which are just too small. I have a 250Gb drive of the same type (IDE, 4200rpm), but it doesn't identify it. in theory I should be able to go to at least a 100Gb, as they make a version such. Perhaps I Can format the drive and copy the OS-files to the drive on my PC? (first) then pop it in the AV? I've been trying to do this for ages, and had no joy. The old disk was a Hitachi Travelstar HTS424040M9AT00 which everyone knows are crap. The disk I'm trying to use is a WD 250Gb IDE
Old 06-13-2008, 07:38 PM   #25
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Nigel, you'd have better luck asking here:
http://forum.archosfans.com/