Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-25-2018, 05:43 AM   #1
Lode
Zealot
Lode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the rough

Device: Onyx Boox M92 White, Max Carta
How to return to the beginning of a text on Max?

I've had a white M92 since it came out, and it is easy to go back to the beginning of texts, or anywhere in between, by just tapping on the reading progress bar at the bottom of the screen with the stylus.

But I haven't discovered that feature yet on my Max Carta. Of course I can go back -or forwards- page by page using the buttons, but that is very primitive and slow. So my question is:

How can I quickly go back to the beginning of a text -or anywhere in it- on the Max as I can with the M92?
Lode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:58 AM   #2
alcedo
Enthusiast
alcedo doesn't litteralcedo doesn't litter

Device: bug
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lode View Post
I've had a white M92 since it came out, and it is easy to go back to the beginning of texts, or anywhere in between, by just tapping on the reading progress bar at the bottom of the screen with the stylus.

But I haven't discovered that feature yet on my Max Carta. Of course I can go back -or forwards- page by page using the buttons, but that is very primitive and slow. So my question is:

How can I quickly go back to the beginning of a text -or anywhere in it- on the Max as I can with the M92?
If the reading progress bar etc is hidden it should appear if you tap in the bottom middle area.
alcedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2018, 10:03 PM   #3
sogaiu
Addict
sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.

Device: none
FWIW, here, on the original Max and on the Max 2, in Neo Reader v2, pressing the left-most hardware button brings up a progress bar.
sogaiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 06:13 PM   #4
Lode
Zealot
Lode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the rough

Thank you much for your responses.

When I tap on the screen close to the bottom in or below a PDF text 2 bars show up:
F (Icon) (Icon) (Icon) (Icon)
Font Zoom Navigation Notes Rotation

I don't know where to find Neo Reader v2 nor how to make my PDFs appear in it.

Last edited by Lode; 01-27-2018 at 06:18 PM.
Old 01-27-2018, 09:53 PM   #5
sogaiu
Addict
sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lode View Post
When I tap on the screen close to the bottom in or below a PDF text 2 bars show up:
F (Icon) (Icon) (Icon) (Icon)
Font Zoom Navigation Notes Rotation

Quote:
I don't know where to find Neo Reader v2 nor how to make my PDFs appear in it.
Here I don't see Neo Reader v2 listed among the list of installed apps (via ReLaunchX or the installed-by-default-here ContentBrowser app) -- though by selecting specific pdf files, I'm given the option to open them using Neo Reader v2. Some tricky things done by makers perhaps?

FWIW, I think the default behavior is that from a screen where one can see the home icon in the top left of the display, clicking on that home icon starts the ContentBrowser app (at least this is the case on the Max and Max 2 here). IIUC, choosing to open a pdf from within this app (at least with recent firmware) leads to using Neo Reader v2 to view the app.

I think Neo Reader v2 didn't ship with the original Max -- IIRC, I got it via a firmware upgrade. I don't know what the case is/was for the Max Carta.
sogaiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2018, 04:12 AM   #6
Lode
Zealot

I'm so glad Waldemar from ereader-store.de just replied to my call for help I asked for this morning on that website:

Hello,

it is actually quite easy. If you are using our Neo or Neo2 reading software press menu button or cick in the middle of the screen in order to open menu and status bar. Now you can either click on the proper position of the progress bar or just click on the page number in the lower right corner and select in the context menu the page number, where are you going to get.

Best Regards,
Waldemar
Customer service

My reply to him:

Thank you Waldemar for your reply.

I have -besides the M92- a Max Carta. When ticking on a lower part of a text in the latter I do get a bar with various options. But no status bar.
Yet you solved my difficulty by mentioning the page numbers in the bottom right corner. Who would have thought of that, that by ticking on that a panel would appear with a progress bar as well as the option to choose a page to go to? You did.
I was on page 892 in a PDF... and wanted to return to the beginning, so thank you so much for your effective help.

I'll post your answer and my above comment here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=3648349

Last edited by Lode; 02-13-2018 at 04:18 AM.
Old 02-13-2018, 04:22 AM   #7
Lode
Zealot

PS: I just knew that there had be a better way to return to the beginning of that PDF than to press 892 times on the "one page back" button...

Last edited by Lode; 02-13-2018 at 04:26 AM.