Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-26-2017, 04:39 PM   #76
dickloraine
Guru
dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350, Kobo Aura
No, this plugin does not fetch metadata from external sources. It reads and writes metadata in the comic file itself. The url column was a feature request and just reads the comicvine link in the metadata.

To get metadata from comic vine, I only know of external programs. ComicTagger and ComicRack both can do this. I for example use comic tagger to download metadata into the comic files and then use this plugin to import the metadata to calibre.

Gesendet von meinem Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F mit Tapatalk
dickloraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 09:56 AM   #77
Nicolas F
Groupie
Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hello,
I've been theming Calibre for some time and I see that your plugin doesn't support theme. Would you consider adding it?

I'm not a developer, but looking at how other plugins achieve that I made a working version with theme enabled (I added common_utils.py taken from another plugin that allow icon theming and I changed get_icons in your ui.py to use the get_icon from common_utils.py).
Code might not be perfect since what I did was mostly copy and paste and deleting un-needed parts.

Thanks

Last edited by Nicolas F; 05-15-2017 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Code example deleted since Dickloraine implemented the feature
Nicolas F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2017, 07:44 AM   #78
dickloraine
Guru
dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi,
I added support for theming. Thanks for the code example, it was very easy to implement the feature. I renamed the icon file too, to make the name more meaningfull.

Have fun
Old 05-15-2017, 08:46 AM   #79
Nicolas F
Groupie
Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Thanks for you work (your execution is definitely better!)
Nicolas F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 03:39 AM   #80
dennocoil
dennocoil began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung S6 Phone
I'm getting an error converting CBR to CBZ.

ImportError:cannot import name RARFile

calibre, version 3.1.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ImportError</b>:cannot import name RARFile

calibre 3.1 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.12+
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: FictionDB (1, 0, 10) && Extract ISBN (1, 4, 4) && Diaps Editing Toolbag (0, 3, 4) && Modify ePub (1, 3, 13) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 2, 0) && Search The Internet (1, 7, 6) && SmartEject (2, 0, 6) && FanFicFare (2, 13, 0) && NormComment (0, 0, 2) && Reading List (1, 6, 6) && Read MP3 AudioBook metadata (1, 0, 79) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3) && Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 14) && Overdrive Link (2, 14, 0) && Goodreads (1, 1, 12) && Embed Comic Metadata (1, 3, 6) && Clean Metadata (0, 0, 6) && User Category (1, 5, 3) && EpubMerge (2, 1, 0) && Kobo Books (1, 2, 1) && Overdrive Link* (2, 14, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.EmbedComicMetadata.main", line 59, in convert
File "calibre_plugins.EmbedComicMetadata.main", line 115, in iterate_over_books
File "calibre_plugins.EmbedComicMetadata.main", line 145, in convert_to_cbz
File "calibre_plugins.EmbedComicMetadata.comicmetadata" , line 285, in convert_cbr_to_cbz
ImportError: cannot import name RARFile

So an error related to the CBR file name. Not sure how that would be effected and this is the first time this error has occurred for anyone here apparently.
dennocoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2017, 05:26 AM   #81
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
RARFile does not exist anymore in calibre 3.1. Instead use

from calibre.utils.unrar import extract

to extract into a directory, and then zip it up again.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 10:21 AM   #82
dickloraine
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennocoil View Post
I'm getting an error converting CBR to CBZ.

ImportError:cannot import name RARFile

So an error related to the CBR file name. Not sure how that would be effected and this is the first time this error has occurred for anyone here apparently.
This should be fixed with the new version.

This plugin now requires calibre 3.1.1. If someone needs older versions of the plugin, all prior versions are available via the github-page of the plugin:
https://github.com/dickloraine/Embed...adata/releases
Old 06-30-2017, 04:47 AM   #83
dennocoil
dennocoil began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung S6 Phone
It does work now for every CBR archive I throw at it. The only anomaly is one specific series of archives to a manga series that refuses to convert. (All in English, no Jap characters.) I have no clue why either since it shows up with a similar error to before. 99% working is still much better than none. Just converted them manually.
dennocoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 08:48 AM   #84
Lzyslckr
Lzyslckr began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Hi, I'm not able to count pages with cbz that contain webp images. It works with jpg and pngs.
Lzyslckr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 07:48 PM   #85
dickloraine
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzyslckr View Post
Hi, I'm not able to count pages with cbz that contain webp images. It works with jpg and pngs.
The new version now recognizes webp images.
Old 10-07-2017, 05:51 AM   #86
Lzyslckr
Lzyslckr began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Thank you for adding webp and the other formats.

I have found one bug that makes it so that it doesn't process the cbz. If an "&" is present in the comicinfo.xml it shows this error. I just changed the "&" to anything else and it accepted it.
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.EmbedComicMetadata.ui", line 96, in main_menu_triggered
  File "calibre_plugins.EmbedComicMetadata.main", line 33, in import_to_calibre
  File "calibre_plugins.EmbedComicMetadata.main", line 115, in iterate_over_books
  File "calibre_plugins.EmbedComicMetadata.main", line 18, in _import_to_calibre
  File "calibre_plugins.EmbedComicMetadata.comicmetadata", line 77, in get_comic_metadata_from_file
  File "calibre_plugins.EmbedComicMetadata.comicmetadata", line 375, in get_comic_metadata_from_cbz
  File "calibre_plugins.EmbedComicMetadata.comicinfoxml", line 49, in metadataFromString
  File "xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1311, in XML
  File "xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1653, in feed
  File "xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1517, in _raiseerror
ParseError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 3, column 24
Lzyslckr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 02:56 PM   #87
panazol
panazol began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello,

i'm a new user of Calibre.
I was previously using ComicRack app as my main comics database management, but this app seems not updated anymore...
I find Calibre to be quite usefull to manage Comics and this is a lot due to your plugin that allows migration of ComicRack metadata into Calibre.
Thanks a lot for that.

As new user i've got 3 remarks that could be, in my opinion, usefull in the plugin :

1 - when reading author's names from the several available fields (writer, designer, inker, color, lettering, ...) could be efficient to collect all these names in Calibre main "Authors" field --> this would allow to get a single category to search from in categories menu.

2 - could also be interesting to collect in a "writer" user defined field the "writer" field (instead of collecting it in "Authors") ==> this could allow to display "writer" instead of "author" field name in book detail area

3 - finally, would be usefull to extract (not sure that it is easy ...) a page size (in pixels) from cbz or cbr file (lets say value extracted from page #5. Not 1st one as it is cover and could be at different definition) ==> this could allow to display in book detail area quality of pages (for instance "2560x3570 pix")

Thanks again for your great work.
panazol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 01:07 AM   #88
NobahdiAtoll
NobahdiAtoll began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablet
Love the idea of this plugin, but i think it should go above and beyond what ComicRack info is stored in the file (the creator of ComicRack is something of a d**k when it comes to allowing people to store ALL metadata information in a comic book file, he only allows the ones he thinks makes sense and to me more data makes more sense than less, information can always be deleted but never recovered once lost). I personally like every possible piece of info available stored in my comic files. So I hope you don't mind that I'm going to modify this plugin to work how i want and maybe release a copy of my modifications later down the line. I appreciate you making this and giving me an idea of how to get it done so i can get to where i want to be (with custom fields and everything imported)

I mean seriously stuff like ISBNs and comprehensive Release Dates (not just month and year but actual Release Dates Month, Day & Year) should be stored in the damn files (that's a damn no brainer!!) And anything else I want to store as well!!!

I used to use ComicRack but having moved to linux Calibre makes more sense than trying to run ComicRack on Wine/Mono. But I still want all that data I stored in ComicRack and I want it to be pulled to Calibre (comprehensively, not limited by base metadata by Calibre).

Last edited by NobahdiAtoll; 11-26-2017 at 01:16 AM.
NobahdiAtoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:37 AM   #89
dickloraine
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by panazol View Post
Hello,

i'm a new user of Calibre.
I was previously using ComicRack app as my main comics database management, but this app seems not updated anymore...
I find Calibre to be quite usefull to manage Comics and this is a lot due to your plugin that allows migration of ComicRack metadata into Calibre.
Thanks a lot for that.

As new user i've got 3 remarks that could be, in my opinion, usefull in the plugin :

1 - when reading author's names from the several available fields (writer, designer, inker, color, lettering, ...) could be efficient to collect all these names in Calibre main "Authors" field --> this would allow to get a single category to search from in categories menu.

2 - could also be interesting to collect in a "writer" user defined field the "writer" field (instead of collecting it in "Authors") ==> this could allow to display "writer" instead of "author" field name in book detail area

3 - finally, would be usefull to extract (not sure that it is easy ...) a page size (in pixels) from cbz or cbr file (lets say value extracted from page #5. Not 1st one as it is cover and could be at different definition) ==> this could allow to display in book detail area quality of pages (for instance "2560x3570 pix")

Thanks again for your great work.
1 and 2:
I won't change the current behavior, but you can achieve what you want with a custom column build from other columns. Just fill your custom column with the data from all the different creators fields.

3: I would have to look into it, maybe in a future version.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:40 AM   #90
dickloraine
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobahdiAtoll View Post
Love the idea of this plugin, but i think it should go above and beyond what ComicRack info is stored in the file (the creator of ComicRack is something of a d**k when it comes to allowing people to store ALL metadata information in a comic book file, he only allows the ones he thinks makes sense and to me more data makes more sense than less, information can always be deleted but never recovered once lost). I personally like every possible piece of info available stored in my comic files. So I hope you don't mind that I'm going to modify this plugin to work how i want and maybe release a copy of my modifications later down the line. I appreciate you making this and giving me an idea of how to get it done so i can get to where i want to be (with custom fields and everything imported)

I mean seriously stuff like ISBNs and comprehensive Release Dates (not just month and year but actual Release Dates Month, Day & Year) should be stored in the damn files (that's a damn no brainer!!) And anything else I want to store as well!!!

I used to use ComicRack but having moved to linux Calibre makes more sense than trying to run ComicRack on Wine/Mono. But I still want all that data I stored in ComicRack and I want it to be pulled to Calibre (comprehensively, not limited by base metadata by Calibre).
The plugin is open source, you can change it as you like.